Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2017 1:37:09 AM EDT
I heard about this last week, now it is official.  Colman range is closed.  Not really that surprised as people treated it like a garbage dump.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the Madison range still open? I used to RO down there in college and it was a decent setup. Never went to the Colman range, but I did get pulled over in Colman twice for going 1-2 above the speed limit and him claiming more than 5 over
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that really sucks but I'm not surprised in the least bit.  I used to shoot there during college and always did my part to keep it clean.  It was sad how people treated that place, shot entire trees down.  Not to mention that half the college kids that shot there were terrifying to be around.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw a video of some dipshit shooting himself there.

Two fisting it, bro. BLAM! Bullet to the leg.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Colman resident here.

Im honestly surprised the place stayed open as long as it did.

I am going to propose an idea to city council on potentialy monetizing the range so us locals can still use the thing, but Im guessing its not going to happen with all the other construction projects they have going on.

Ideally I would just buy the place and post it private property but i think there was some covenant that forbid private sale. I will have to do some more research on that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw on a recent facebook post that a guy took responsibility for some of the most recent actions that caused the city to say "enough."  he was hoping to make it right somehow so that the range could re-open, but I think it's going to be down for good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top