Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2016 11:39:45 PM EDT
Rifle season just opened. Anyone get one yet?

Trying to drum up some discussion. Been a while...
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Took 2 does on a friends farm yesterday, nothing special, just hunting for meat more than sport.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Took 2 does on a friends farm yesterday, nothing special, just hunting for meat more than sport.
View Quote

That's my game as well.

Got my tag but work and life conspired against me and I missed an opportunity to sight in my rifle. I guess I could try a 10.5" AR or a .357 Mag SAA clone...
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]

I've seen two nice 6x6's come out of Howard and Chancellor so far this year.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I had 7 of them try to commit suicide by jumping in front of my truck yesterday just east of Brookings before the bypass.  They were sitting there again this morning on the north side of Highway 14.  All does trying to avoid the guy that is hunting the south side of Highway 14, makes me wonder if he knows they are on the other side of the highway?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
been a tough season for me.  scope issues forced me to use my muzzleloader for 5 days while my new scope and rings shipped, had a nice 5x5 standing broadside at 250 yards one day when sitting with my muzzy (only feel confident to 125 yards with my iron sights) and then I had a nice 4x4 in the crosshairs of my rifle scope on tuesday but he was 15 feet on the wrong side of the property line and wouldn't cross.
Probably just try to fill my tag with a doe this weekend and maybe fill my mz doe tag as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Could have taken a spike buck on Saturday, but I want him to get bigger. I've only been out once, but will probably go out tomorrow and get a doe for the freezer.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I had 11 deer walk by me today, all at the same time, while sitting in my ground blind. They were so close I didn't even want to try and move, because I figured I would get busted. I'm bringing the .357 out tomorrow if they are going the be this close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top