User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:11:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

InkyHorseLady graduated!

Busy time of the year for us. We got our archery paddlefish tags in the mail yesterday. Need to load ammo to shoot USPS. Our schedule is already so packed for the summer. Need to set some dates in stone to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Love your state be there in a month to shoot some prairie dogs. Liked my two trips so much last year thsst I'm coming back for more.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
cool. if you want to post any pics we have a tacked prairie dog thread

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_40/342847_Prairie-Dog-Shooting.html
View Quote
Will do.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Outstanding!  Please give her my congratulations.
Are you saying you guys are busier than summers past ?
That hardly seems possible.
View Quote
She says thank you. Huge accomplishment for her.

I took ten credits this spring, we have a kid graduating along with the wife, bought a new boat, and decided that archery turkey hunting is for us. In addition to all of our other endeavors.  So ya, pretty busy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thought it was appropriate to bring this back around. Is there anyone on the east side of the state that does metal engraving?
View Quote
What kind? SBR?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What kind? SBR?
View Quote
I was going to have a knife engraved but I went another route. I will have to have another SBR done though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was going to have a knife engraved but I went another route. I will have to have another SBR done though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind? SBR?
Mike Cotten in Volga does engraving.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:18:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#12]
What's with the heat? I thought I was leaving that behind me in Missouri!!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At least we don't have to shovel the heat
View Quote
But we sweat just as much
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#16]
go take a nap
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#18]
No time to be bored. Ten credits again this semester. Application in for nursing school which  starts in January.Two weeks away from archery deer spot and stalk adventure. Dumb job. Woman in final stages of interview for professor position. Kids run 50/50, good/shithead. (By quantity, not time.) Is the grass ever going to stop growing?

That said, we slept in until 9 today.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone ever kayak the Vermillion River?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone ever kayak the Vermillion River?
View Quote
Nope, but I am looking forward to your report. We typically use ours on smaller lakes. We have a boat for the river.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nope, but I am looking forward to your report. We typically use ours on smaller lakes. We have a boat for the river.
View Quote
What lakes do you kayak normally?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What lakes do you kayak normally?
View Quote
Yankton, Oahe, Lewis and Clark, Madison, Thompson, Poinsett(sp), Big Sioux, family fishing Park. All over. We have 12' sit on top models. Plenty of others, but those come to mind.

FFP with my 8yo a couple weeks ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Slowest forum on the board.

I'm thinking of turning it into the "Hunting Rifles Forum".
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Some personal stuff came up so I'm probably not going to make a Vermillion trip this year.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Some personal stuff came up so I'm probably not going to make a Vermillion trip this year.
View Quote
Do you duck hunt? If so I have an idea for you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do you duck hunt? If so I have an idea for you.
View Quote
I'd like get out at some point this season.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone get any birds this weekend ?
View Quote
After 6 days in MT I came home with 0 birds. First time I've ever been skunked in my life. So how do you guys feel about transplants? Is SD pretty welcoming or cliquish? My wife and I are retiring there in a couple months.

Just trying to up the traffic on your thread.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#29]
This thread needs all the help it can get.

Where will you be located?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Sully County, just over the county line from Hughes. We already have the lot, just off of hwy 1804. Just a few miles north of a nice looking rifle and pistol range. Complete coincidence...

We're hoping to get a pad for a steel outbuilding poured before the ground freezes and we can ship the building up there and get it assembled.

What part of the state are you in? What about most of the members on this forum? Any general thoughts on South Dakota in general for a couple newcomers? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#31]
SD is a conservative, Republican, farming, ranching, hunting, shooting state. If that describes you, you’ll be just fine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 6:53:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Personal responsibility is of utmost importance in this state.

We live outside of Sioux Falls, but travel all over.  In general it is a friendly, if a bit standoffish. Small towns can be exclusive to new people. Mind your own business and enjoy a slower pace of life would be my advice.

Do you hunt and fish?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Personal responsibility is of utmost importance in this state.

We live outside of Sioux Falls, but travel all over.  In general it is a friendly, if a bit standoffish. Small towns can be exclusive to new people. Mind your own business and enjoy a slower pace of life would be my advice.

Do you hunt and fish?
View Quote
We live in what used to be a small mountain town 2 hours south of Denver. No streetlights, sidewalks, or much in the way of services. I like to think that personal responsibility is just part of our way of life. Part of the reason we want to move is Denver has expanded out to our town with all rushing and hostility and complaining there are no block parties.

We are good friends with our neighbors and if a strange car goes down the road someone is keeping an eye on it. If someone needs a hand we help each other than that we pretty much mind our own business.

All the things you mentioned are the reasons we want to move there. Most of our time off we're up to Pierre to go kayaking and messing around. It helps that I love hunting. We're literally across the street from public hunting grounds. I like to fish but if it takes more than drowning a worm for bluegills I don't really know what I'm doing.

My wife was laughing because when she had to tell the bank and the contractor I was out of town for a week hunting and unavailable no one blinked an eye. That's the kind of environment we're looking for.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Lots of opportunities around there. You should get a boat and start learning a little more about fishing.

Absolutely fantastic fishing around there. We camp at those campgrounds north of Pierre in the summer, and enjoy it very much.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I was leaning that way already with the boat. Wife wants a little runabout too so I'll start looking around at boats. Thanks for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#36]
If anyone is going to the Rush game in Rapid this weekend keep an eye in the rafters
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was leaning that way already with the boat. Wife wants a little runabout too so I'll start looking around at boats. Thanks for the suggestions.
View Quote
Take your time. Bigger is better. That lake can get really scary, really fast.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any suggestions on size and make? The number of options on Craigslist are mindboggling. Figure a 10k budget. What are the fish you can take out of there besides walleye?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Salmon, bass, panfish, great catfishing. Unreal waterfowl hunting. Awesome deer hunting.

I am no boat expert. All I can say is bigger is better. If it we're me I would wait until I was there and work with a dealer that someone you trust refers you to.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Spent this week up in Pierre with the general contractor doing our house. I wonder how many divorces have been caused by older couples trying to buy a house together?

I see the pheasant hunters have left and the goose hunters have arrived. Drove to Madison tonight and saw a flock of a couple hundred geese on a lake that is split by hwy 81. Looks like we'll be permanent residents in march. How is everybody else doing?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#42]
LOL. I do a lot of remodel work. I often wonder how many of them divorce after we leave.

Things are good here. Deer season is pretty much over for us, nursing school starts in January for me.

Might try to kill some coyotes once rifle deer is over.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Did anyone have a good deer season?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

.300WM @ 240 yards. Wife got one too. Hunting west of Hot Springs.

My first deer. Without a truck.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Nice buck! I tried big game hunting when I lived in Utah and was terrible at it. I have a .308 with less than 50 rounds through it. Going to try again once we move there. Saw a lot of deer when we were there.

No coyotes but I have an invite to hunt a private ranch for prairie dogs so I'm looking forward to breaking out my .22-250 for prairie dog shooting and coyotes. From what I read the coyotes are coming back from a bad mange epidemic and numbers are up so you should have a good year.

Anybody know what a day with a goose outfitter runs costwise?
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Ha! Right at a week.

Fuckin cold.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#49]
So... they gonna burn Hultgren down?
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top