Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2016 3:35:02 PM EDT
Mods, if this is not okay, I apologize and you can take it down. i wanted to put it out there for those that may be interested. I know it would be a hell of a drive...

I wanted to extend a notification that I am hosting Kerry Davis of Dark Angel Medical in Lincoln, NE in 2016 if you are so inclined.

I just talked to Kerry and he is planning on coming back on 6-7 AUG 2016.

http://www.darkangelmedical.com

Here is a testimonial from one of the students from the most recent course:

I attended the class.  I have zero background medically, so I went in with a blank slate, other than things I'd read/heard in 40-some trips around the sun.  Also, please notice I'm not going to say Instructor Bob is the greatest!  If for no other reason than to keep Thomas from beating his head against his keyboard  ;D

One of the things I was worried about was that I'd get lost in medical jargon.  Thankfully that fear was unfounded, and the instructors both did a good job of teaching in a way that I could follow easily.  The only time I recall not knowing an acronym they were using was in reference to a nasal airway tube thingy (that's probably the official name) but I figured it out pretty quickly.

The content was organized so that it all related back to the central objectives:  Stop the bleeding, start the breathing, monitor for shock.  I like when things relate back to an easily remembered objective, so this worked for me.

We received a fairly easy to follow text, and most people had purchased a D.A.R.K. kit as part of the class.  

Day 1 was all lecture and discussion based.  Day 2 was about half of the same and then practical application of the some of the supplies in our kit.  

I have nothing to compare the class to, so really all I can say that might be meaningful was that I believe I came away with knowledge of how to appropriately respond in an emergency, with an emphasis on major bleeding.  I think this type of training is underutilized by most in the gun community, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend medical training to anyone who spends time on a range in any capacity.  I would imagine that most who didn't attend would say this class was cost prohibitive.  I think I ended up paying $450 and that included the kit.  They now have an option where you can take the class and not buy a kit, so that brings the cost down about $130.  
View Quote

Here is the link to the course:
https://darkangelmedical.com/product/dart-lincoln-ne-august-2016/

If you have any questions about the course please feel free to email or IM me!
-Dave
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanted to drop in a bump this up again. I know the cost of the course is concerning to some at first, but allow me to break it out a bit for everyone.

This amounts to 16 hours of instruction and hands-on training and discussion, plus all training materials and the actual kit.

Again, please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear great things about these and would love to attend someday, but funds just dont allow for it these days.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Time grows short friends. If I do not have the requisite number of bodies in seats shortly, this class will unfortunately not happen. Hopefully you can make the trip down, and as always, feel free to email me or IM me here with any questions. I do understand the time commitment involved in driving down, however I have fielded a couple emails from individuals coming out of SD already regarding accommodations, etc.

Stay frosty,
Dave
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Last bump for the class. It's happening. If you are on the fence about it and still not sure, you will have roughly 48 hours to register in time for kits and materials to be made up in time to get here, as they ship them to me prior to the class.

Thanks to all who have registered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top