Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 9:26:23 PM EDT
Looking for a new spot around Rapid to stretch the legs. Govt field seems to be getting crowded. Anyone have any suggestions. Heard about a place by lead or deadwood. Not sure the yardage though
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been going out to the grasslands just east of Rapid. Was doing 500 yards and would like to start going further but have to wait for it to dry out a little.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking for a new spot around Rapid to stretch the legs. Govt field seems to be getting crowded. Anyone have any suggestions. Heard about a place by lead or deadwood. Not sure the yardage though
View Quote

We were driving around Sturgis last year and came across a range to the East of the rally grounds, looked like it went out to about 600 yards?? but it was insanely windy so we didn't stop to shoot or look for any fee/membership info.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:15:36 AM EDT
[#3]
the buffalo chip has a shooting range there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been going out to the grasslands just east of Rapid. Was doing 500 yards and would like to start going further but have to wait for it to dry out a little.
View Quote

Some amazing places around Wall to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:20:23 AM EDT
[#5]
There are a few 200+ areas way back at Beretta road. If you need 500, just hit up farmingdale.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought you couldn't shoot out at farmingdale anymore. I might be wrong though. We used to shoot there.

I'm looking for somewhere to really stretch the legs, 1000+

Went govt field last saturday and we shot at 700, 1000, and we managed to get 1100 way down by the fence. Had to get there early though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a pdf map you can get that shows the closed area around the grassland. Still lots of open areas where you can shoot. Where is the govt field you are talking about?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Between keystone and Hermosa. On highway 40. If your local to Rapid let me know I try to get out there every weekend, weather permitting. It's a fantastic place to shoot. Beautiful area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top