Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 6:16:07 PM EDT
Anybody been there yet?  Curious about the range costs and how their gun prices are.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went on Friday. The prices on new guns are normal to high.
I didn't look at much used stuff  but did see a $700 WASR.
Range has two sides. standard and VIP. VIP is wider has electronic target controller and bulletproof glass between lanes.

25 yrds either side. Pleasant range staff.
price sheet I have is VIP is 40 bucks per half hour and 60 per hour. Standard is 20 per half hour or 30 for an hour
Targets are  two bucks each.

gun rentals are 20 for handgun 30 for rifle and 40 for machine gun
they sell memberships which give you half price on the hourly fees and some other "perks"
250 and 600 VIP annual for that.

The ventilation is good. Light is adequate. Nice new car smell.
It was a nice facility but too rich for my blood.

View Quote

Ya, but did you get a free tattoo?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You stuck around longer than I did Meltdown.  Carla and I walked in and looked around, saw the small selection of stuff for sale and that it was all geared toward the tacticool crowd.  Popped my head into the range area, laughed out loud at the prices and we turned and walked out.  

Of course, I am a cynical asshole, and I despise payday lending, so I won't give him a dime.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:11:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You stuck around longer than I did Meltdown.  Carla and I walked in and looked around, saw the small selection of stuff for sale and that it was all geared toward the tacticool crowd.  Popped my head into the range area, laughed out loud at the prices and we turned and walked out.  

Of course, I am a cynical asshole, and I despise payday lending, so I won't give him a dime.
View Quote

Did we just become best friends?!?!?!?

That was exactly my feelings, I couldn't even buy in stock .22 there just because I won't give him any money.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Screw Chuck Brennan.

Edited: After further consideration I realized that I let my contempt of Brennan get the better of me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't care for the guy all that much, but he made his money legally. And for that I can only applaud capitalism and a pretty damn good businessman that likely took a huge risk involving his own money.

Hell, half the city of Sioux Falls has a Stanford sign every block. Brennan is a local Stanford and nothing more. T Denny built his empire on the same basis but went national. Nobody gives him shit though since he gives money away like it's his job.

I was intrigued that Brennan has machine gun rentals though..

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't really have an opinion on this guy or this business. Just don't know much about it.

What I do know is that we have been listening to the radio station and it is pretty good. Lots of unique stuff. Lots of live stuff.

Rock if you are into it. Just played Seether live. Nice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I say good luck to Badlands. No way I'm paying those range rental prices and sure as hell won't pay their insane ticket prices for concerts.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I say good luck to Badlands. No way I'm paying those range rental prices and sure as hell won't pay their insane ticket prices for concerts.
View Quote

Their concert tickets sure as hell blew me away . And for the range prices I think I'll pass.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Website is a big fail for mobile. That is a huge mistake.

Trying to figure out what machine guns they have for rent. 10/22 and an Uzi=meh. M16=Take my money.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Trying to figure out what machine guns they have for rent. 10/22 and an Uzi=meh. M16=Take my money.
View Quote

I know for sure they have a Thompson, that might be worth it. Once....
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ooooooohhhhh......
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've been listening to their radio station. Haven't heard Loverboy in a while
View Quote

You disappoint me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Ya, its not real music unless it's a continuous loop of Styx, Loverboy, Journey, and Bad Company.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've been listening to their radio station. Haven't heard Loverboy in a while
View Quote

Did you get a tattoo yet, Mr. upChuck Brennan fanboy?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#20]
It would be awesome to be a Jedi.  I'd probably turn to the dark side just so I could force choke Chuck and then give him some force lightening till he pisses his pants while on his stupid reality television show.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#21]
And also, do they offer the option of adding sights or optics to the rifles at an additional charge?

I hate this place...

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And also, do they offer the option of adding sights or optics to the rifles at an additional charge?

I hate this place...

http://www.badlandspawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/IMG_8426-300x200.jpg
View Quote

They said assault rifle.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They said assault rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate this place...

They said assault rifle.

They also said "semi-automatic machine gun".
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate this place...

They said assault rifle.

Honestly, the website looks like Chuck did the writing himself. I don't hate the guy, he's always been nice to me, but I can't bring myself to support anything of his. I don't really think the shop is going to turn much of a profit, if at all, but he'll keep pumping money into it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#25]
OK. That place is pretty cool. The pawn shop is nonexistent, the whole place has the feel of a tourist town t-shirt shop, and the layout is really odd. But, and a big but, is that they have some really cool machine guns. MP40, MP5, Thompson, short barrel M16, AK47, and bigger than life a beautiful BAR.

Expensive, yes. But how many chances does a guy get to shoot a FA BAR. $1 a round for that one. They have ammo for the AK at $14 for 40 so it is probably one of the better deals.

I could easily blow through $1000 if anyone wanted to sponsor me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#26]
In due time it will be a better "pawn shop" with deals, etc. They have very little selection at the moment.

Much of the firearms staff are former and current SFPD.

Compare gun and range prices to Gary's Gun Shop... ...

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#27]
The RO I talked with was knowledgeable and respectful.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#28]
What's the story on this guy, a lot of people talk about not liking him or how he made is $. What was this guy into before?
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What's the story on this guy, a lot of people talk about not liking him or how he made is $. What was this guy into before?
View Quote

He owns Dollar Loan Center. Not there's anything wrong with that, I just find 300% interest loans a bit immoral. He got into some trouble with prostitutes a few years ago too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top