Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2015 10:55:59 AM EDT
South Central Handgunners Multi-Gun Match September 19-20, Pierre, SD

Registration is now open for the SCH Multi-Gun Match 2015.  This will be the 25th anniversary of this match being held.  It began in 1990 on a Stanley County gravel pit and was originally called, “The six Gun Match.“ With the ever changing range issues in central SD, we have decided to make a few changes and expand this favorite match over 2 days of fun.

Long Range Match:
Saturday September 19th at 1:00 PM.  4-5 stages, 60-70 rounds shot over Mush Creek at the Metzinger Farm.  Match headquarters will be at the Metzinger Farm Shop (not Smith residence as prior).   Targets will be known distances, 50-1300 yards, positional shooting (prone, barricades, etc).  3200 fps max velocity, Silencer’s ENCOURAGED for all as the residence is very close to the stages and we would like to be invited back….Directions and stage details to follow.  Squad format, 55 shooters allowed

3 Gun Match:
Sunday September 20th at 9:00 AM.  4-5 stages, AR or equivalent Semi Auto Rifle/Shotgun/Handgun at the Pierre Police Department range.  We have expanded this match as well.  One of South Dakota’s best 3 Gun Match’s, just a BLAST to shoot!  Squad Format, 55 shooters allowed  (firearms and/gear avail for loan if you need to complete your gear and compete)

BBQ:
Saturday night after the long range match, SCH will be holding a BBQ to commemorate the 25th year of this match.  Bring your lawn chairs and adult beverage of choice.  SCH will provide shooters with Burgers/Brats side dishes, soft drinks and commemorative cake till gone.  (Non-shooters welcome for additional $6.00).  
Awards and Prize Table:
Long Range and 3 Gun Awards-Prize tables will be at approximately 2-3 PM on Sunday September 20, 2015 at the Pierre Police Range.  If you are a Long Range shooter and can not stay for 3 Gun Match and/or prizes,  you will not be passed over.  

Fees:
Long Range only - $75.00                    3 Gun Only - $75.00
Both Long Range and 3 Gun - $120.00
To reserve your spot, email entry information to [email protected]
Include:  Name, address, contact number and shirt size.  Send payment BY AUGUST 15 to hold your spot. Checks made out to SCH.  Mail to: Jeff Metzinger/SCH  29340 SD Hwy 34 Pierre, SD 57501

Non-service camp spots avail if you wish to camp. Pierre motels avail for stay. Plan a end of year shooting weekend in Pierre with us.  I do not think you will be disappointed.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:08:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Forgot address to mail entry fees to, original post edited. 26 signed up already. Talk of PRS type LR stages by RO's. Could get interesting....
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:32:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope walk ins are welcome I will be leaving Aberdeen around 530-6 am tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Had a blast at this match. A few issues but got them taken care of now.  Can't wait to come back and shoot next year. I think I had te loudest rifle there and some of the guys got a kick out of the fireballs it threw.  Now I just need to find the standings posted. Pretty sure I ended up last the way my rifle malfunctioned on the stage really crushed me haha.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a fun match, with an awesome prize table. I couldn't make it this year though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know the website or where the standings are posted for this match?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Here are the 2015 South Central Handgunners Multi-Gun Match Placings:

Top Gun Overall Placings - Shooters who shot in BOTH the Long Range Match and 3 Gun Match!

1- John JS Griswold
2-Nick Hartig
3- Robert Pugh
4- Travis Stevens
5-Ken Nordstrom
6-Bruce Schmidt
7-Jake Stotts
8Justin Parker
9-Michael Kane
10- Brett Barnes
11- Scott Reder
12-Kotton Krull
13- Lonny Lesmeister
14- Dennie Mann
15- Keith Anderson
16- Joe Casavan
17- Rodney Mann
18-Jim Stotts

Long Range Results - Saturday 19th:

1-John Griswold
2-Robert Pugh
3-Travis Stevens
4- Cody Kinsley
5- Robert Feldhaus
6-Michael Kane
7- Brock Gasper
8T-Ken Nordstrom
8T-Justin Parker
10T-Brett Barnes
10T-Kotton Krull
10T-Aaron Rogers
10T-Scott Reder
14-Nick Hartig
15-Jamey Iedema
16-Jake Stotts
17T-Lonny Lesmeister
17T-Derek Howard
19- Matt Eisenbraun
20T- Dennie Mann
20T-Kw Hickey
22-Becky Martinmaas
23- Keith Anderson
24-Bruce Schmidt
25-Brenda Mann
26-Bob Caperton
27-Joe Casavan
28- Matt Harens
29T-Rodney Mann
29T-Jim Stotts

3 Gun Results - Sunday 20th

1-Nick Hartig
2-Bruce Schmidt
3-John Griswold
4-Ken Nordstrom
5-Adam Balding
6-Steve Newman
7-Bruce Schreiber
8-Jake Stotts
9-Jeff Metzinger
10-Cory Klein
11-Stu Henderson
12-Robert Pugh
13-Mark Johring
14-Travis Stevens
15-Kain Klein
16- Mark Loban
17-Jeff Storm
18-Justin Parker
19-Rodney Mann
20-Joe Casavan
21-Brett Barnes
22-King Cavalier II
23-Jim Stotts
24-Lonny Lesmeister
25-Leith Anderson
26-Scott Reder
27-Tony Donovan
28-Dennie Mann
29-Kotton Krull
30-Scott Mutchelknaus
31-Michael Kane
32-Charlie Angerhofer
33-Jeff Litterick
34-Dave DeJabet
35-Jeff Williamson
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Thank you to everyone that attended the South Central Handgunners 25th Anniversary Multi-Gun Match on September 19-20, 2015. 65 shooters over two days, thousands of rounds down range, food, laughs and great lasting friendships.

Please patronize or personally thank the all the sponsors who made this 19 total stages, action packed match happen!!!!!
South Central Handgunners Club and Members
Viking Tactical
Thunder Beast Arms
Vortex Optics
Burris Optics
Krieger Barrels
Shilen Barrels
Barsto Precision Machine, SD
Pac-Nor Barrels
TS Customs - Miller, SD
Precision Reloading- Mitchell, SD
Teton River Traders - Pierre/Ft. Pierre, SD
JM Gunworks - Pierre, SD
Brotherhood Arms - Watertown, SD
Runnings - Pierre, SD
Hay Springs Water Company, SD

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top