Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2014 6:28:04 PM EDT
I've been skipping shows for a couple years and decided to see what's happening today at the Big Show.

Saw a few bricks of .22 for $38 each. Didn't buy, have enough.

Only a couple Garands and carbines. Way down from what I remember.

More AR's than in years past but that's logical with increased sales. I wish there would've been some accessory sales to check out equipment.

LOTS of Remington Nylon 66's and its variations. Never seen so many Nylons together.

Lot of handguns. Several dealers were always filling out paperwork and calling NICS every time I walked by.

Rest of show was normal gunshow stuff.

I screwed up royally. Right when entering I spotted a pristine S&W M66 2.5" with Iowa State Patrol logo (S&W engraved) for $425. I always hate blowing half my money in the first couple minutes so I left it to look for other stuff. Of course, its gone when I get back an hour later. Some smarter person got a nice deal today!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
thanks for the report.  Was going to possibly stop in tomorrow but its usually a bust.

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I went on Saturday. I'm not into handguns, so I didn't see the same thing (people buying). Actually, I never saw a single person buying anything, the entire time I was there. I also found it strange that hardly anybody was carrying a gun into the show. There are usually a lot more. I'm more into the curio and relic stuff. A lot of that there and 90% of it was absolutely insane pricing. No wonder I didn't see anybody buying anything. It was fun to look around and there were a few good prices, but most of it was absolute top end of market pricing for low grade stuff, or 2-3 times market.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went on Saturday. I'm not into handguns, so I didn't see the same thing (people buying). Actually, I never saw a single person buying anything, the entire time I was there. I also found it strange that hardly anybody was carrying a gun into the show. There are usually a lot more. I'm more into the curio and relic stuff. A lot of that there and 90% of it was absolutely insane pricing. No wonder I didn't see anybody buying anything. It was fun to look around and there were a few good prices, but most of it was absolute top end of market pricing for low grade stuff, or 2-3 times market.
View Quote

Pricing was nuts.  If I wanted to deal with gun store pricing, I would have gone to the gun store.  Initial pricing was so far off, that it trying to negotiate was pointless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top