Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2017 8:08:25 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a shop near Grand Rapids that does custom and performance exhaust work?

I recently installed a Banks exhaust on my truck and the drone at 2K is awful.  Looking for a place to weld on a Helmholtz chamber.  Everyone I've asked so far doesn't even know what I'm talking about.  Looking for suggestions.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Chris' facebook

The website isn't as active

Chris is a great no-bullshit honest mechanic. I bring my junk there. Very 2A, very great guy. His price isn't the cheapest but he will get it done

Edit- my friend had a vortec'd fox body built by anderson, he ended up drilling a hole in the top of the pipe and ran the chamber parallel back off of a 45* elbow. Worked amazingly well at idle and cruise until you laid in to it
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chris' facebook

The website isn't as active

Chris is a great no-bullshit honest mechanic. I bring my junk there. Very 2A, very great guy. His price isn't the cheapest but he will get it done

Edit- my friend had a vortec'd fox body built by anderson, he ended up drilling a hole in the top of the pipe and ran the chamber parallel back off of a 45* elbow. Worked amazingly well at idle and cruise until you laid in to it
View Quote
Shortbuss,

Thanks for that. That is actually perfect. I work just a few blocks from there.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell him wiseman sent you, hes good people
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tell him wiseman sent you, hes good people
View Quote
I stopped in yesterday. We shot the Shit for well over an hour.  Seems like a great dude.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]
So a wiseman rides a shortbuss
Oh, I'm 54 miles N of Silver Bullet
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So a wiseman rides a shortbuss
Oh, I'm 54 miles N of Silver Bullet
View Quote
Wiseman did ride a short buss lol, many good times on that bike

I'm just West around Allendale

I keep asking myself how many arfcommers we have locally and to see if we can get a group to south Kent sometime but never have posted. Seems a few more locally than I thought. Might be time
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I stopped in yesterday. We shot the Shit for well over an hour.  Seems like a great dude.

Thanks for the recommendation.
View Quote
Awesome, he's a great dude. Badass dog too if you catch tippy at the shop
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:04:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm just West around Allendale
View Quote
@shortbuss

No shit...... I'm in Allendale too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Email sent, not sure why because it was intended as a pm lol
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
What? No pics of truck?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top