Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2017 8:49:34 PM EDT
 A Muskegon Heights man was sentenced Monday, June 5, to 10 years in prison, the maximum for possession of firearms and ammunition as a felon...
...The government said Conley sold heroin to a police informant on Sept. 8. The next day, police used a search warrant at his home and recovered a loaded .40-caliber semiautomatic pistol, a .357-caliber revolver, a large quality of cash, heroin and drug paraphernalia.  He pleaded guilty to being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition...
View Quote
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2017/06/felon_sentenced_to_10_years_in.html#incart_river_home

Taking into account that I have no hurt feelings over a drug dealer being taken off the streets, I still have mixed feelings on the gun charge.

I don't believe any felons that have been released from custody should be prohibited from owning firearms or being able to vote, etc.  If you are not able to be trusted to posses a firearm then you shouldn't be trusted to be let loose on society in the first place.

On the other hand, I have to agree with enforcing the gun laws that are already on the books as opposed to constantly wanting to add new ones, so I guess I can't bitch too much about someone finally doing that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Was he a felon prior to his recent arrest?

If not,  these gun charges are garbage. You aren't a felon until you have been proven guilty in court.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good to me
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was he a felon prior to his recent arrest?

If not,  these gun charges are garbage. You aren't a felon until you have been proven guilty in court.
View Quote
I get the impression he was a repeat offender, already a felon.

Edited to add:  A county sheriff's detective informed me that rehab meetings are perfect places for dealers to network with customers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top