Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2017 8:39:22 PM EDT
Generac 22KW Natural Gas Generator with switch over box to be installed. It will need to have the gasline and electrical run roughly 35 feet from the Gas Junction Box and Electical meter from the front of my house thru my garage and to the back of my house. Probaly will require running a 1.5 inch pipe due to the length needed. Rough idea of the install cost?

Plumber

Electrician
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to have someone come in, it would be impossible to quote accurately, but if your meter box and gas main is 35' and has to go through a house, you're going to be looking into the thousands to get that setup.  You will probably need a gas meter upgrade too.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a 13kW installed a couple years back.  Bought it through Lowes on sale.  $6300 completely installed and included the generator.  

Meter had to be upgraded and that was $400.

Installer was out of Coldwater and if you're close to there I can get you their contact information.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Cost me $1500 to install my 17kw Generac. They ran about 30ft of electrical wire for panel, but my propane tank is buried right by generator.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top