Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2017 8:31:20 PM EDT
I picked up a 450 AR upper a few months ago and I'm in the process of building a lower for it. I'm curious who has used one, specifically what triggers, buffers/Springs, and optics were used and liked.

So far all I have is the upper and a spikes stripped lowers so this is a from scratch build.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:57:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 450 bushmaster.

100 yards 2 sighters and 3 for group.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I built one.   I'm using a Timney trigger, a heavy buffer and a Falcon Menace 1.5-6.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Stag Arms 3TL and got an Bushmaster 20" upper. I have a Geissle SSA-Eric trigger, JP Tuned spring, Spikes T2 heavy buffer, Ross Muzzle Brake, and a Vortex Diamond HD 4-16x42 on a Burris PEPR. Crazy accurate and the recoil is minimal, great and fun gun to shoot, alittle loud and turns heads at the range. I hunt in  the shotgun zone also in Michigan. This took place of my H&R 12 gauge Slugster. (Still is a great gun)
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The 450 uppers seemed to work with both rifle and carbine systems . This is with Trident and Bartz uppers .
Black gun 450's work but I'm more of a bolt gun guy.

Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#5]
RRA 4.5lb National Match trigger is my favorite go-to. It's easy to shoot precisely with and smooth for quick shots while being lighter than anything "GI". Also pretty good price wise and can be found on sale surprisingly often.

Buffer wise I'd go with an H buffer for carbine, or a normal rifle buffer with a tubb's flat spring for rifle. Personally I like the carbine setup, since I like a stock just a bit shorter than the A1 length, but whatever fits you best is what's good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top