Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2017 11:24:31 AM EDT
I was just curious if there are any gun shops in metro-Detroit area that will give a "fair" (say 50 - 60% value) for trades for some rifles that I am looking to sell.  These are mainly AK's that I thought I would enjoy shooting with my son but we just prefer our AR and precision bolt guns better.  Several are NIB in case that is a question.

Note: I understand that I can always us EE on several boards if need be but was looking for the convenience of not having to do face to face trades and knowing this was legally reflecting belonging to someone else - just in case - as I dont need those issues especially if another administration comes to power in the future that really wants to get rid fo the 2nd amendment.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Why fuck yourself out of that kind of money? Do a FTF with a bill of sale.  And I'm in the metro area so send me a PM.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was just curious if there are any gun shops in metro-Detroit area that will give a "fair" (say 50 - 60% value) for trades for some rifles that I am looking to sell.  These are mainly AK's that I thought I would enjoy shooting with my son but we just prefer our AR and precision bolt guns better.  Several are NIB in case that is a question.

Note: I understand that I can always us EE on several boards if need be but was looking for the convenience of not having to do face to face trades and knowing this was legally reflecting belonging to someone else - just in case - as I dont need those issues especially if another administration comes to power in the future that really wants to get rid fo the 2nd amendment.

Thanks
View Quote

Demand that any buyer must have a pistol purchase permit or a CPL license even though you're selling rifles. Then you can rest easy that they can legally buy them.

Another option is to contact one of your local auction houses that conduct online gun sales. They can take pictures and record descriptions and you'll have a two or three day window whereby it's for sale at their auction sight and online to the highest bidder. Auctions usually last Friday/Saturday and Sundays. The buyer pays the auction house a premium, usually 10%. The auction house handles the shipping and paperwork.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Demand that any buyer must have a pistol purchase permit or a CPL license even though you're selling rifles. Then you can rest easy that they can legally but them.

Another option is to contact one of your local auction houses that conduct online gun sales. They can take pictures and record descriptions and you'll have a two or three day window whereby it's for sale at their auction sight and online to the highest bidder. Auctions usually last Friday/Saturday and Sundays. The buyer pays the auction house a premium, usually 10%. The auction house handles the shipping and paperwork.
View Quote

No one is going to buy rifles from him demanding to see id he doesn't need to see. Let him go and get raped off trade prices at a dealer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I understand the OP's legitimate concern about selling the firearms in a face to face. Anyone and everyone can read the advertisement. That means criminals may even show up and rob him of his property. Demanding a CPL/purchase permit will scare most crooks off and put his mind to ease.

I live in SW Michigan and we regularly see people robbed after making Craig's List postings etc.  Caution is wise.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No one is going to buy rifles from him demanding to see id he doesn't need to see. Let him go and get raped off trade prices at a dealer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Demand that any buyer must have a pistol purchase permit or a CPL license even though you're selling rifles. Then you can rest easy that they can legally but them.

I sell on MGO all the time and that is one of my requirements.  I list for a good price and they always sell right away, so if people don't want to show me their CPL, no problem here, plenty of others do.

OP, you could try selling via Michigan Gun Owners - at least there you need to be registered on the site to click through and see the listing details and contact info of the sellers, which keeps a lot of random riff-raff out.  Waaay better than when the Facebook groups were up or the MeWe groups that many use now.

ETA:  AK values are pretty good right now, no reason to not get what they are worth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top