Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2016 8:50:23 PM EDT
So I'm flying home to MI next weekend. We're stapyong at my in-laws near Kalamazoo. MIL got me on to a pheasant hunt mid-week. I had left a shotgun at her house, however I haven't shot it since having the bolt replaced. Anyone know f a place I could shoot some trap or skeet so I could make sure it runs right and I'm not all rusty. I haven't shot clays or pheasant in nearly two years.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering the frequency of blowing snow and temps in the 20's, I can't imagine too many trap clubs being open.

Coloma Rod and Gun Club's calendar shows they will have open trap on Sundays and Thursdays, though.  CRGC site
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Yeah I'm watching the weather closely. I may have to go borrow a gun from my dad n the other side of the state.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If it were summertime you could have attended the one day a week sporting clays at Kalamazoo Rod & Gun Club that's open to the general public. Nobody I know runs them in the winter.

Many clubs allow non-members to participate in club events, they're just not allowed to come and go as they please like the club members can.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Coloma was still shooting trap as of last weekend, so as long as it's not a blizzard, I can see them operating on Sundays and Thursdays.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help guys. It may just turn into me making a fool of myself and missing all the shots, as per my normal. Can't wait to be back in the Mitten, Cali sucks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Southern Michigan Gun Club has it during the regular warm months in Kalamazoo but not sure about now. My brothers and I just take our own skeet launcher into the field for winter shooting
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#8]
i don't think any of the clubs in kalamazoo are really open to the public except for special occasions.

you can hike up north 45 minutes to the Caledonia Sportsman's Club, if it's not driving snow they'll be open

cost is reasonable and the club, open to the general public is nice.  hours are 10-6 saturday  and 12-6 sunday

Caledonia Sportsman's Club

fyi, weather is supposed to be fairly shitty this weekend, ~25deg/snow on sat and 16deg & snow sunday

i've shot in the winter there before, usually in the evening, found my mossberg 935 ultimag didn't like to be lubed much, first time it flipped a shell backwards in the receiver at me somehow...

2 trap and 2 skeet ranges, both lit
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Ended up just going for it. I went Monday the farm I was hunting just let me put a few test rounds through the gun. I ended up getting two birds. Two others I didn't have chances on due to bad positioning when the bird flushed. They hit the wind and were gone. Regardless it was great to get out and hunt again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top