Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2016 2:43:49 PM EDT
Thinking of buying a Tavor. I know they are26 inches in length with a 16" barrel. Are they classified as a pistol?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Scott's Quick Stop
Address: 5 N Van Dyke Rd, Marlette, MI 48453
Phone: (989) 635-2066

https://www.facebook.com/scottsquikstop/

This guy has a lot of hard to fine stuff, especially KelTec.

Price can be high or good, just depends.

I did handle one there a year ago.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:23:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thinking of buying a Tavor. I know they are26 inches in length with a 16" barrel. Are they classified as a pistol?
View Quote

I just looked at a few of the selections on IWI's website, but the shortest configuration I found was 16.5" barrel and 26.125" length overall. This is not a pistol in MI because it is over 26" OAL.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just looked at a few of the selections on IWI's website, but the shortest configuration I found was 16.5" barrel and 26.125" length overall. This is not a pistol in MI because it is over 26" OAL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what I'm thinking after reviewing the same info. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe not what you're looking for.... but I think a Scar will be classified as a pistol. With the folding stock I think it is under 26 inches.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, Tavors are just a hair over 26"   They are not MI pistols.

If you shorten them below 26", they become SBR's and MI pistol registration is required.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe not what you're looking for.... but I think a Scar will be classified as a pistol. With the folding stock I think it is under 26 inches.
View Quote

Yes, with the folding stocks IIRC they are MI pistols.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#7]
i have a tavor, the version with 18.5" bbl, not a pistol, even with the curved buttstock from manticore, which, by the way, is awesome.

you also need to get a folding charging handle, trust me
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I will look into it. Are they as fun to shoot as they look?
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I will look into it. Are they as fun to shoot as they look?
View Quote

it's a crowd pleaser :)

however, the sico asr break i recently installed on it is not.  3 shooting lanes to each side at the range hate it :)

i had an eotech 512 on it w/3x magnifier on it for quite a while, swapped it to a vortex strike eagle 1x6 over the summer...  i like the eotech as an optic, but like the vortex more on that particular rifle due to 'zoom' ability out to 6x..  the illuminated reticle of the strike eagle allows you to basically use it as a regular red dot at 1x, you can even shoot it occluded easily if you just open the rear scope cap w/the illumination on

my friend's 11 year old loves it, LOVES it, but for him, it's a tossup between the tavor and my sbr cz scorpion..  he's into video games, and i like to collect video game guns

if you get near grand rapids, south side, sometime on a weekend, let me know and we can hit up caledonia sportsman's club, i'll bring it out and you can take it for a test drive

edit:  my mistake, mine is the 16.5" barrel.  dunno how i mixed that up, but my wife hates it when i imply things are longer than they really are too
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#10]
That would be awesome. Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:33:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Scott's Quick Stop

View Quote

Fuck that guy. He sells overpriced guns to vacationers and city hunters that don't know any better. His specialty is selling overpriced .22 mockups to people coming up on summer vacation so they can post facebook pics of themselves shooting an "AK" into the lake. And he'll 'lose' your 4473 if it's delayed and he gets a better offer. That shitstain offered me a .450 bushmaster. Showed me one with a palmetto magpul lower and leupold scope and decent mount, told me I could get one for 900 even, background check was delayed. Then he 'lost' my 4473. When I told him I'd just buy the upper, he admitted he was sold out. Finally he tries to give me one with a cheap scope and Anderson arms lower. I insisted on the exact same setup we agreed on and he raised the price to 1300.

Drive 5 miles down the road to Bens.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I just picked up the X95 variant. Haven't shot it yet, but it is not a pistol in MI either. Plane ole' EBR. I got a fairly good deal on it at Oakland Tactical.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fuck that guy. He sells overpriced guns to vacationers and city hunters that don't know any better. His specialty is selling overpriced .22 mockups to people coming up on summer vacation so they can post facebook pics of themselves shooting an "AK" into the lake. And he'll 'lose' your 4473 if it's delayed and he gets a better offer. That shitstain offered me a .450 bushmaster. Showed me one with a palmetto magpul lower and leupold scope and decent mount, told me I could get one for 900 even, background check was delayed. Then he 'lost' my 4473. When I told him I'd just buy the upper, he admitted he was sold out. Finally he tries to give me one with a cheap scope and Anderson arms lower. I insisted on the exact same setup we agreed on and he raised the price to 1300.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scott's Quick Stop

I never had a problem with him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top