Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 1:21:08 PM EDT
First I admit that I've got no experience in reloading, but it seems plausible to me that someone out there has played with this idea and it is to those people that I address this question.Has anyone experimented with taking this round up a notch or two in velocity for the purpose of unsuppressed use? I just wonder if the range and accuracy would be effected in a positive way with the 220 grain projectiles as well as with the 150 and below bullet weights. I am not a reloader, but I believe the power of this caliber is not being optimized for the non-suppressed shooters who want to use it for longer ranges or for hunting larger game species. Without changing the case profile is it possible to approach magnum power levels with this caliber? I am looking for a workable loading recipe for this, and I'm interested with all the serious information out there that I can get on this subject.

Regards to all,

Zero5Delta
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#1]
300 Blackout Master Thread

This should cover any questions.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure. That's the beauty of this round. I have both a 200g subsonic load, and a 108g supersonic load (2300 fps). One is for suppressor use, and the other is a white-tail deer hunting load.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:Without changing the case profile is it possible to approach magnum power levels with this caliber?
View Quote

While nothing I'd consider "magnum" levels, you end up with something similar to a 7.62x39 or a .30-30 with pointy bullets. Blackout supers are popular for deer-sized game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top