Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2016 11:41:18 AM EDT
I'm going camping in a couple of weeks... I would like to fab up a basic cooking setup for the MI DNR fire rings they have at state campsites, the ones with two metal rings and concrete poured between them.  I'm thinking of two stainless steel square tubes to span the pit, with a round grill grate bolted to the tubes.

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the fire rings are?  Something like 28" or 30"?  
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I worked for the DNR parks division for years, and honestly of all the things I've measured, I don't think fire rings were one of them.

IIRC, you aren't that far off the mark. I know the rings are ADA compliant due to federal law, so I'm guessing if you look up ADA compliant firerings it should put you in the ballpark.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like the inside is 30" I didn't measure . Here's what I wipped up for our camping trips just pound in and cook.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top