Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2016 2:49:25 AM EDT
Has anyone here had a problem with these or other easy trust in Michigan? I'm just looking for some first hand accounts before I pull the trigger.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My trust was setup by Jim Makowski (Link)

No issues, easy to deal with, and a discount if you are also a MGO member.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Silencer Shop trust. No issues. Process couldnt have been easier.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

No pricing on his website.  What does he charge for a trust?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a Silencer Shop trust. No issues. Process couldnt have been easier.
View Quote

I went for it. When you put your dollar in did you put it on the inventory or just on the schedule A?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't quite remember. Ill look when I get home. I do remember they email you the instructions. You fill in the blanks (real easy) and send it back. They send you the completed trust docs.

The only problem I had was the document file size is large. Once you get the printed copy signed and notarized you'll need to scan it to use it for E-File. I had to scan it in two parts to make the ATFs E-File file size limit. Really nothing to do with Silencer Shop. Just what you'll need to do once its finished.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was $400 when I did it, but he gave a substantial discount to MGO members.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Silencer Shop Trust went smooth for SBR already and waiting for a couple suppressor stamps. Suppressor purchase went thru Oakland Tactical and they highly recommend the Silencer Shop Trust.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Did you all register your trusts? I have found references saying it is not necessary.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Did you all register your trusts? I have found references saying it is not necessary.
View Quote
Nope. County wouldn't register mine. My lawyer gave me a form so I could enter it through probate if I wanted to. I didn't bother.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#10]
As many times as I've tried to understand this whole silencer trust thing that suddenly started popping up everywhere....I never understood what it was for and why, and if I needed it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#11]
If you use a NFA trust for your NFA items then you can name beneficiaries in the trust. When you die they don't need to pay another $200 tax to trans into their name.

Also, before, you did not need finger prints and LEO signature. That recently changed. Now you do for a trust or individual.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#12]
NFA items will transfer tax free to a heir whether there is a trust or not. The best part of a trust for me is other people in the trust being able to use the items without me being present. It is as also nice to avoid the fingerprint BS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top