Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 6:36:53 PM EDT
Anyone out there having any luck finding morels yet? I have been out a couple times around the Ann Arbor area without any luck yet. Think it may be too early?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing up around here, on the SW lake shore.

It's been dry, and this rain should trigger them...along with other less desirable fungi.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's been dry, and this rain should trigger them...along with other less desirable fungi.

View Quote

Where about in the SW side are you located?  I'm In Buchanan Twp.

No shrooms seen yet.  Maybe after this bit of rain.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:13:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

South of South Haven, in the middle of the Blueberry patch.

I'm firing up the Sprayer in about 3 hours to get after the Mummy Berry, that just started to go to trumpets, and Phomopsis/Anthracnose.

Generally, when the Mummy Berry apothecium starts opening up, the first smaller Morels can be found in the woodlot or within a couple days, so it's real close...

This weekend is supposed to be warm, and I'm betting it will bee good hunting by Sunday.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

...and those fungi being the FSA types that trespass all over our property looking for morels, and people from states starting in the letter I.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#6]
This Sunday I found a morel in my front yard.  It's shady in that spot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

...and those fungi being the FSA types that trespass all over our property looking for morels, and people from states starting in the letter I.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!!

Yep!
FIB's. They tend to get lost while walking on a clearly delineated trail, and wander off for 6-800m.

Almost as bad as Phomopsis, Anthracnose, and Mummy Berry.

Looks like they are starting to come up in one windrow.
Still small nubbins, but if the squirrels don't get them, I may get a couple dozen by the end of the week.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally found some this evening. Found about 20 " half free" morels in a small patch of woods consisting of mostly dying ash and apple trees. Anyone else having luck? I'm still looking for those big yellow morels.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#9]

I have yet to find any while actually looking for the things. The small emerging Morels I found early appear to have gotten nabbed by critters.

However. I keep tripping over the things when I'm not looking for them.

Back side of the barn.

Went to plinking from the porch, and noticed this one in the scope.

While grabbing that one, noticed this one a couple feet away.

We got a warm rain last night and today, so more should be up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top