Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2016 1:48:16 AM EDT
Finally getting off my butt and joining a Sportsmans club. Think it's going to be chief okemos.

Any mitten arfcomers club members?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Finally getting off my butt and joining a Sportsmans club. Think it's going to be chief okemos.

View Quote

http://micasl.org/

Capitol Area Sportsmen's League. Located at the North end of Canal road and Old River Trail.

50 dollar initiation,  125 per year.  15 dollars per year for the outdoor range key.   190 the first year, 140 there after.

25, 50 and 100 yard ranges, and most times I go out to shoot I am the only one using the range.

The also have indoor and outdoor archery, as well as an array of skeet and trap, if your into that type of thing....
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Williamston (sic?) just east of Lansing has a nice outdoor range. The hold high power matches several times a year. Costs I do not know. I think they have up to 300 yards but maybe it's only 200, I can't recall.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Williamston (sic?) just east of Lansing has a nice outdoor range. The hold high power matches several times a year. Costs I do not know. I think they have up to 300 yards but maybe it's only 200, I can't recall.
View Quote

Didn't know there was a range in Williamston. Have an address or name?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Capitol Area Sportsmen's League. Located at the North end of Canal road and Old River Trail.

50 dollar initiation,  125 per year.  15 dollars per year for the outdoor range key.   190 the first year, 140 there after.

25, 50 and 100 yard ranges, and most times I go out to shoot I am the only one using the range.

The also have indoor and outdoor archery, as well as an array of skeet and trap, if your into that type of thing....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a member here. It's a decent place to sight in your rifles. They do not allow "rapid firing" so you can't practice any drills or anything (I think most clubs have this rule though... only 1 shot every 3 seconds).
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capital City, it's on Germany Rd.

Eta: Here you go.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Used to be a member at Capitol City, but went back to Chief Okemos.  Capitol City has some decent pistol bays, but they ones in back are not open much.  They do have a200 yard bay, but it shuts down the 100 yard range as it shoots over the top of it.  Also used to host USPSA and IDPA matches (my main reason for joining there) but the BOD decided it wasn't a fit with the club anymore.

Chief O has all their firing lines on a common line, with berms dividing the bays.  Biggest downside to Chief O is only .22 and pistol calibers on the 25 yard bays.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the idea of the falling plates league at chief o.

We do shoot archery but the cost for range keys above the cost of membership is something I've never heard of before.

We checked out both places and even though casl is only 10 minutes from my front door....it's going to be chief o
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top