Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2016 1:03:17 PM EDT
SHERIDAN ARMS LLC of SAGINAW, or  WILLIAMS GUN SHOP of AUBURN?

Curious who you recommend? Silencer shop has these two listed as my nearest local dealer.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't bought from any of them, but I heard some horror stories about Sheridan arms and dealing with class 3 stuff.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't bought from any of them, but I heard some horror stories about Sheridan arms and dealing with class 3 stuff.
View Quote

I bought a pistol once from Williams, but never set foot in Sheridan, because of the horror stories.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks fro the heads up, sounds like Williams is the better choice then.
Unless someone can recommend a good class 3 dealer in the Thumb area...
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in Saginaw county but ended up buying a couple cans (that are still in jail) from Oakland Tactical. They are at the corner of US23 and M59, about an hour from Saginaw. It has been a good experience so far. They have a lot of different cans on the shelf.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't limit yourself to only the stores in your immediate area. You only have to show up once to complete the paperwork. Make a weekend of it!
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#6]
http://paragon-arms.com/index.html

Randy is in Berkley near Woodward. Good guy to deal with. Is a Silencer Shop Direct dealer.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Randy is in Berkley near Woodward. Good guy to deal with. Is a Silencer Shop Direct dealer.
View Quote

Thanks, always good to have a direct contact. I'll reach out to him today.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been speaking with Randy for the last couple of days. Good guy and easy to work with. Placed my order for a SpecWar 762 yesterday...let the waiting begin
Thanks for the referral!
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Sheridan did a transfer for my SOCOM 762.No probs what so ever.Even used it there while it was in jail.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought two supressors from Williams

Not through SS, but no complaints.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
If you don't mind driving to the Lansing area, call Mike at Red Circle Tactical.  I've known him for years and he takes care of his customers.

https://www.redcircletactical.com/

517.798.GUNS (4867)

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sheridan did a transfer for my SOCOM 762.No probs what so ever.Even used it there while it was in jail.
View Quote

They quoted me two hundred dollars for a transfer .
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit!!Can't recall what they charged me,but nowhere near that!

That was around 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$200 for a transfer?  That is crazy talk.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shit you not that's what I was told .  I bought a 30p-1 from a Thunder beast group buy on the hide and asked about another that I had a gift cert to redeem . The guys at Oakland Tactical took care of me and I bought a few more from there. In fact there should be a Ultra 7 approval anytime now.

Edit to add it's been awhile so my quote might not be up to date . Someone check and post the amount they charge.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I shit you not that's what I was told .  I bought a 30p-1 from a Thunder beast group buy on the hide and asked about another that I had a gift cert to redeem . The guys at Oakland Tactical took care of me and I bought a few more from there. In fact there should be a Ultra 7 approval anytime now.

Edit to add it's been awhile so my quote might not be up to date . Someone check and post the amount they charge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been into Sheridan and almost stroked out from the prices. The people were friendly enough, but their prices were laugh-out-loud crazy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I've ordered 2 thing from Sheridans, 6 month wait times on both.  Nothing fancy either, one was a blackhawk Serpa holster for a HKUSP, don't remember what the other was (might have been Surefire batteries).

I won't buy anything that has to be ordered from them.  

Been in Williams (Auburn) once, wasn't overly impressed, just a LGS.  Would go back if I was in the are but not making the special trip.  Hourish away from me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I met Randy yesterday and paid him for my can. Seems like a good guy...although he's a U of M fan, I won't hold that against him though. Should have the suppressor in about 4 weeks. Then file paperwork and continue waiting
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks fro the heads up, sounds like Williams is the better choice then.
Unless someone can recommend a good class 3 dealer in the Thumb area...
View Quote

Good luck. I've been looking for a decent gun store since I moved up here. The one in Marlette has crappy customer service and the one in Bad Axe tried to tell me that Berretas are crap, and the Taurus knockoff of the 92 is a better gun then the original. Then tried to sell me a used Glock with Detroit PD markings that looked like it was run over by a tank.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top