Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2016 11:35:46 PM EDT

Apparently there is a new gun store in Keego on Orchard Lake road, behind the Dairy Queen. Was too late in the day to stop by, but thought ya'll would like to know. Anyone been in yet? I think it was called "Motor City Gun Works". Name implies that they do some gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It's small, but great guys, great products. Lots of class 3 items. Big into suppressors and SBR's,  Mostly tactical stuff, AR's and other black guns, and you are correct; they do some smithing and have their own lowers.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I stopped by there a few weeks ago. Small storefront but knowledgeable staff and interesting selection. I'd put it on a stop in list if you have time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Can little Keego Harbor support 2 shops?
It's a bold move to say the least.

I tried working with the folks at Target Sports some time ago and they didn't seem to responsive to anything but their ideas... not the friendliest store.

I'll have to stop by the new place to see what's up!  I was going to suppress sometime this year anyway, now I'm just holding off until the latest suppressor news about possibly removing the tax stamp is finalized.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I tried working with the folks at Target Sports some time ago and they didn't seem to responsive to anything but their ideas... not the friendliest store.

I'll have to stop by the new place to see what's up!  I was going to suppress sometime this year anyway, now I'm just holding off until the latest suppressor news about possibly removing the tax stamp is finalized.

View Quote

It's actually the third gun store in Keego, and I say yes.  This place is more of a tactical place, some gun-smithing, and NFA stuff.  It is a special niche. They'll do just fine, and they have a bit of a cult following; mostly word of mouth, and repeat customers I think.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did I miss something?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I miss something?

I think he might be referring to the Hearing Protection Act in congress right now.  I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I have no firm information so don't take this as gospel and run with it.
There has been a solid push lately for the use of suppressors for hunting (in Michigan) and at the same time the elimination of the tax stamp though I doubt ether of these changes will happen anytime soon.

If I find the links with the articles I've read, I'll follow up with this post and add those links.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There has been a solid push lately for the use of suppressors for hunting (in Michigan) and at the same time the elimination of the tax stamp though I doubt ether of these changes will happen anytime soon.

If I find the links with the articles I've read, I'll follow up with this post and add those links.

View Quote

The Hunting with suppressors rule was changed last week by the Natural Resources Commission.  Effective immediately you can hunt with a suppressor in Michigan without restriction. As for the Tax stamp elimination, I believe that is still in committee.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Hunting with suppressors rule was changed last week by the Natural Resources Commission.  Effective immediately you can hunt with a suppressor in Michigan without restriction. As for the Tax stamp elimination, I believe that is still in committee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reference this thread for the MI hunting with suppressors that was legalized last week.

As for the Hearing Protection Act, I wouldn't hold your breath. It was referred to committee back in Nov., and granted they had the holidays, but it hasn't moved. I don't really expect it to make it out of committee either unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Is this an open-to-the-public place?

I'll have to pop in if so.

What's the selection like?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes it is, but they buzz you in.  It is a small place, but don't let that fool you.  There is more going on behind the scenes than meets the eye. If you are looking for something specific, ask.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#12]
They had a table set up at the gun show in Novi in December. They had some full auto toys and those new flame throwers. They gave me a card and seemed like nice people.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes it is, but they buzz you in.  It is a small place, but don't let that fool you.  There is more going on behind the scenes than meets the eye. If you are looking for something specific, ask.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I grew up with Alex, the guy that runs it. Great guy and super reasonable prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top