Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2016 5:54:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Might be a 'hail Mary' pass, but let's hope we make a big step towards being a free(er) State  

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:03:47 AM EDT
[#2]
We need to get this passed and registration repealed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#3]
"constitutional carry"

I see what they did there . . .
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We need to get this passed and registration repealed.
View Quote

Is there any group that supporting it? There should be a petition on Change.org, or on the WhiteHouse's petition site. A few years back, there was a petition, but the group collected signatures on their tiny website, so, they collected only like 1500 signatures.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/84985972-story

Here's a link to the story for those who don't want to watch a video.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#6]
So when traveling to states who's reciprocity doesn't recognize constitutional carry you would still need a Michigan CPL to carry concealed there?  Would Michigan's passage of Constitutional carry eventually do away with the CPL process entirely? If so, other than reciprocity issues, what other unintended consequences might it bring?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So when traveling to states who's reciprocity doesn't recognize constitutional carry you would still need a Michigan CPL to carry concealed there?  Would Michigan's passage of Constitutional carry eventually do away with the CPL process entirely? If so, other than reciprocity issues, what other unintended consequences might it bring?
View Quote

I think this point should be taken into consideration. I like to travel and be able to protect myself when doing so. With any new legislation their should be an option to obtain a CPL should some citizens want one. This will allow us to travel freely.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Other states that have passed cc still have the process in place to receive a CPL so you can meet the requirement to carry in other states.

This would just give you the option to carry in the state without having to go thru the CPL process.

So yes, if you traveled out of state you would need the current CPL to do so and most likely still meet the requirement and pay the fees.

If you never leave the state while you carry then you most likely won't have to do or pay anything.

Of course Michigan could have some really messed up process put in place if this does happen so who knows at this point.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think this point should be taken into consideration. I like to travel and be able to protect myself when doing so. With any new legislation their should be an option to obtain a CPL should some citizens want one. This will allow us to travel freely.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am  friends with one of the sponsors of this bill he and I had a discussion about this.  He doesn't really expect it to go through, said that the Governor is opposed to it.  However when it goes to the floor, he will make sure that the option still obtain a Michigan CPL remains in effect specifically for travel to other states purposes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top