Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2015 8:02:33 PM EDT
Looking at a job in Charlotte, haven't been offered it, but I feel there is a good chance that I will be.

Not terribly familiar with the area. Places to look at, places to stay away from in regards to housing? Renting for the time being.

I'd prefer a house over an apartment, and be reasonably close. i.e 30mins or less. I don't really have a desire to live in Lansing proper...
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Diamondale is okay. Check out Eaton Rapids first.

Mason is nice. Holt is okay.

But yeah, Eaton Rapids is where a gun nut wants to live.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking at a job in Charlotte, haven't been offered it, but I feel there is a good chance that I will be.

Not terribly familiar with the area. Places to look at, places to stay away from in regards to housing? Renting for the time being.

I'd prefer a house over an apartment, and be reasonably close. i.e 30mins or less. I don't really have a desire to live in Lansing proper...
View Quote

wise move!

Grand Ledge has some nice areas, if that is within your commute range
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:18:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I live in Charlotte. Sort of a shit town.  I live in the city proper, near the police department.  I would actually say you should find housing out of the city limits.  I live across from a MDOC parole house.  It's not a horrible place, but I would try to find housing outside the city of Charlotte more in the country if you can.  My wife and I will be looking to move onto some acreage in a year or so when she is done with school and we have 2 incomes (we currently have 1 income).  Tyler, not sure if you remember me, but I used to play Battlefield Bad Company 2 with you on xbox back in the day when you were looking into Law Enforcement or military as a career.  Not sure if you are still going down that path or not or if you are trying to work at Spartan Motors or Peckham or something, but good luck regardless.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in Grand Ledge and really like it. I have had a tough time getting the Eaton County Sheriff to return my calls regarding signing off on NFA stuff. I have a trust so I don't have to have him sign, but I'm worried about this 41P deal.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live in Charlotte. Sort of a shit town.  I live in the city proper, near the police department.  I would actually say you should find housing out of the city limits.  I live across from a MDOC parole house.  It's not a horrible place, but I would try to find housing outside the city of Charlotte more in the country if you can.  My wife and I will be looking to move onto some acreage in a year or so when she is done with school and we have 2 incomes (we currently have 1 income).  Tyler, not sure if you remember me, but I used to play Battlefield Bad Company 2 with you on xbox back in the day when you were looking into Law Enforcement or military as a career.  Not sure if you are still going down that path or not or if you are trying to work at Spartan Motors or Peckham or something, but good luck regardless.
View Quote

Peckham only hires immigrants, felons, and retards.

My people come from Ireland so I got all three covered.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Grand Ledge and Portland (Portland is a little farther but there's a nice gun club a about 5 miles north of town)  are within commuting distance of Charlotte.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top