User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I was wrong

I was telling my Elder it was time for the old 6-4-3 DP thinking IGGY was on 1st, then Kinsler lined out  and it was a 6/4 DP
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The Tigers struck out 27 times over the last two games.

The Tigers should feel bad about this one.

If they had gone 7-11 against Cleveland, then they would be hosting the wild card game. Instead they went 4-14.

If they hadn't blown those last two games against KC on the last homestand, then they would be playing the last game against Cleveland tomorrow.

Once again, it was a bullpen that failed us. The failures of Lowe, Sanchez and Pelfrey, Greene and Justin Wilson were back breakers in a lot of games.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Fitting end to the season
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Good thing I have no work tomorrow.I see some alcohol in my very very near future.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm out of alcohol, except for the half pint of Canadian Mist in my freeze dried food.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#7]
AA confirmed on the news that AssMess will be back for the 2017 season
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking like Maybin is getting sent to the Angels.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#9]
AA saving Mike some Pizza money
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looking like  Maybin is getting sent to the Angels.
View Quote

I expect to see Kinsler and JD traded too.

They also picked up K-Rod's option yesterday and I would be surprised if they don't trade him too.

They may also trade some guys at the trade deadline.

The thing is, when you look at their young, controllable talent, they have a lot of it and I don't they'll trade; Castellanos, Iglesias, Fulmer, Boyd, Norris, Greene, Alex Wilson, Justin Wilson, Romine or McCann. Verlander, Zimmermann and Cabrera probably aren't going anywhere either.

Sanchez, Pelfrey and Lowe probably don't have any trade value, but they can all be gone after 2017. Hopefully Upton will opt out after 2017 too.

Salty and Aybar have already filed for free agency.

I already forget who else was on the 25 man roster, mostly Toledo Express relievers who aren't going anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Just saw Maybin got the axe.

I'm conflicted with that one.
I liked the kid, and if he stays healthy, he's a hell of an asset to piss away on a low odds Pen critter.
He will probably flourish with the Angels.

Dunno about JD getting the axe. Kinsler is likely as he's older.
Both would be budget builders, but replacing either with a bargain just isn't likely.

It's going to be a bloody long winter.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Tigers fans have been calling for a sell off/rebuild for a long time now. This is what a sell off/rebuild looks like.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybin, JD, and Cast were some of the better producers last season.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tigers fans have been calling for a sell off/rebuild for a long time now. This is what a sell off/rebuild looks like.
View Quote

The Tigers have too much tied up in Verlander and Cabrera for a true "sell off and rebuild".
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Heard some mumbo jumbo on WOOD radio about Miggy and Houston in the same sentence
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2016/11/09/miguel-cabrera-houston-astros/93576482/

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Al Avila has made some phone calls.

Before heading to baseball’s general managers meetings this week, with the hot stove starting to heat up and some of the Tigers’ star players swirling in trade rumors, the second-year GM picked up the phone.

Among the recipients of his calls were starting pitcher Justin Verlander, first baseman Miguel Cabrera, second baseman Ian Kinsler, leftfielder Justin Upton and designated hitter Victor Martinez.

"I’ve always been up front and honest with our players,” Avila said Wednesday at the Omni Scottsdale Resort. "So, I think that’s the way to do it.”

His message was simple: We’re going to be reducing payroll this off-season, and your name is probably going to be mentioned in the media as a potential trade target.

"There’s no other way to do it for me,” Avila said. "I would not be able to sleep knowing that I’m going to do something and I didn’t say this, I didn’t tell this guy or give this guy a heads-up. You gotta be able to be up front and straightforward, and that’s the only way to do business.”

Avila has been transparent about the Tigers’ plan since meeting with reporters last month: The team’s goal is to tuck its payroll — currently north of $200 million — under MLB’s luxury-tax limit while trying to present a competitive product. With perhaps as much as $20 million needing to come off the books to reach that goal and with no expiring contracts, Avila will be tasked with finding the right fits on the trade market, so he felt it was only right to share that transparency with the players who will be speculated about.

"Names are going to come out there and people are going to speculate, and all it takes is just for one person to mention one player and then all of a sudden, it just takes root,” he said. "Whether it’s substantial or not, it doesn’t matter. It’s going to be out there. That’s just the nature of the beast and nature of how the media works.”

One such scenario took root early Wednesday morning, when MLB Network’s Jon Paul Morosi reported the Astros plan to pursue Cabrera or Blue Jays free-agent slugger Edwin Encarnacion this off-season. Houston profiles well to make an aggressive run at Cabrera: They are a young, up-and-coming team looking to add payroll with a strong farm system.

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#17]
The Astros kinda shot down the idea that they were going after Miggy. I don't foresee Miguel getting traded. Mr. Illitch signed him because he was terrified of the idea of Miggy playing for another team.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Max and Rick win Cy Youngs, 2 former Tiger pitchers.

JV with 18 first place votes
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Alex Avila is back on a year contract..
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

ya, whats up with that
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe mentor McCannon a bit
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 4:27:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Alex is going to be the backup catcher. They got him cheap. 

I would have rather seen them bring back Salty, but AA as the backup catcher could have been worse. 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:45:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Don Kelly back in the loop!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Steve, time for a new thread?????

I really got discouraged last year and did not post much but I have renewed optimism again! (As always!)

JV is on track, Sanchez might have fixed his issues and Boyd, Norris are solid so far and Zimmerman scares the hell out of me.

They are old but lets do one more time for Mr. I!!!!!!!!!

Sitting in 219 for opening day! Anyone else going???
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Alex is going to be the backup catcher. They got him cheap. 

I would have rather seen them bring back Salty, but AA as the backup catcher could have been worse. 
View Quote
I like the fact that he knows a lot of the pitching staff.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:41:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I really got discouraged last year and did not post much but I have renewed optimism again! (As always!)

JV is on track, Sanchez might have fixed his issues and Boyd, Norris are solid so far and Zimmerman scares the hell out of me.

View Quote
I'll be there the day after!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be watching on TV. I've never made a home opener. I'm really jealous.

However I may get lucky enough this year to catch them when they come through KC late in the season.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top