User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They needed 9 runs last night
View Quote

They had a bunch of opportunities to get those runs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it seems this thread may die early.

If they can't win a series with a last place club, Howe can they sweep a first place club they have a 1-11 record with

AssMess should have walked Dozier, but they would have still lost
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Well it seems this thread may die early.

If they can't win a series with a last place club, Howe can they sweep a first place club they have a 1-11 record with

AssMess should have walked Dozier, but they would have still lost
View Quote
Yeah, it is looking bleak. They are not hitting right now and things do not get any easier this weekend.

There is still time left, but the likelihood that they miss the post season entirely seems to be growing.

That said, even if they don't make it, this season, while disappointing, has not been without it's bright spots. Fulmer, Boyd and Norris are going to strengthen this rotation for a long time to come and there is a lot of young, controllable talent either here or right around the corner. Also we know that Verlander is back to being a Cy Young caliber ace. Next year will be the final seasons for Pelfrey, Sanchez, K-Rod and Maybin.

We have most of our young players locked up for a long time yet.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
True the future looks good. AssMess well needs to make a Mess somewhere else
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
At this point, the sooner the Tigers are mathematically eliminated, the sooner the housecleaning can begin.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 2:32:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Sanchie should have been dumped in June.

Zimmerman is a waste of time. All hype, all the time, and nothing of substance.

The Pen was a roaring Septic tank fire from the start.

Then again, the butts were in the bleachers all season, and the licensed SWAG sold like hotcakes.

Ask Barry Sanders how all of this works.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Easier to find Calvin Johnson
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sanchie should have been dumped in June.

Zimmerman is a waste of time. All hype, all the time, and nothing of substance.

The Pen was a roaring Septic tank fire from the start.

Then again, the butts were in the bleachers all season, and the licensed SWAG sold like hotcakes.

Ask Barry Sanders how all of this works.

View Quote

In fairness, the Tigers are spending a ton of money to achieve their level of mediocrity.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]
McCann blasted that bitch!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Fucking Sanchez.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Double header sweep!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Double header sweep!!
View Quote

And second wild car spot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:02:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Sanchie is a quandry. He's NOT consistent.
Zim is done.

The season is a Marathon.
Every team is breaking down at this point.

The Wild card slot means there is a chance to put our ragged bunch against others.
JV and Fulmer are hitting their stride. Boyd is still getting a grasp on things.

The Pen is still a wreck, depending on the day.

It all can work out....maybe.
If the Bats wake up when needed.

Nick being out, hurts.
Especially with Cleveland coming to town.

Jones is overhyped. It would be better to lean on the Utility crew.

Farmer came through. I like the Kid, and always have, but he is still too raw.

I hope Fall Ball happens, but wont hold my breath.
Goddamned inbred Sub human Maggots, from that festering inbred shit hole south of Erie, are the problem.As usual.
They had no problem throwing several bean balls last time, like the cunts they all are, and they will play their crap again.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I could have sworn i heard Rod Allen shout "suck a D*CK!" Triumphantly 2 nights ago after a homer... it was actually "Second Deck!" (Where the ball went) but I didn't care, I was cracking up...
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I could have sworn i heard Rod Allen shout "suck a D*CK!" Triumphantly 2 nights ago after a homer... it was actually "Second Deck!" (Where the ball went) but I didn't care, I was cracking up...
View Quote

Frustration is running high. I can see Rod slipping.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Great start of The Kid tonight.

I am hoping that Mark Lowe has pitched himself off of the post season roster. Not that I want him to fail, but that his failure cannot be allowed to sink this team down the stretch, or in October. Every game is a potential elimination game for the Tigers with the wild card race being so tight. He can't be allowed to fuck it up. I understand Brad putting him in tonight, and I fully applaud Brad pulling him after the Dyson triple. But this has to be the last straw for Mark Lowe in the 2016 season.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Great start of The Kid tonight.

I am hoping that Mark Lowe has pitched himself off of the post season roster. Not that I want him to fail, but that his failure cannot be allowed to sink this team down the stretch, or in October. Every game is a potential elimination game for the Tigers with the wild card race being so tight. He can't be allowed to fuck it up. I understand Brad putting him in tonight, and I fully applaud Brad pulling him after the Dyson triple. But this has to be the last straw for Mark Lowe in the 2016 season.
View Quote

Agreed.

Lowe has potential. LOT'S of Potential, and once he gets a handle on things, he will be impressive. Now isn't the time to let him get the bugs out.
Same with Sanchie. His control is coming back, and he can maintain it until his arm gets a bit tired, then he's hanging meatballs. Snatching him off the mound at the first sign of slipping has to be done, and Brad is too patient most of the time. Brad yanked him at the right time tonight, so maybe it's a new leaf, and commitment to making the playoffs.

The Pen is going to HAVE to step up, and deal with being worked harder, or starters are going to have to work higher into the pitch counts.

KC wont be as pliable Tomorrow.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I think the best trade the Tigers have made in the past years is for Prince and Ian.

We won that swap, without a doubt.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think the best trade the Tigers have made in the past years is for Prince and Ian.

View Quote

For sure!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

How have you been?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Well I went outside to fix a lead shaving issue with pulled lead boolits and hear about an improbable 9th inning comeback.
I ASSume the bullpen failed . Again
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

Of course, Prince is physically unable to play in the Big Leagues now. I thought.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Well I went outside to fix a lead shaving issue with pulled lead boolits and hear about an improbable 9th inning comeback.

I ASSume the bullpen failed . Again
View Quote

Two out, two run double to tie it and then a two out three run homer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Switching between CheeseHeads and Show Me's  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#26]
4 runs no outs,5 straights hits off Boyd
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

4 runs no outs,5 straights hits off Boyd
View Quote

And another team throws another starting pitcher with an ERA over 5.00 at us and we can't score any runs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Dirty tosses a 91 MPH fastball belt high, center of the plate. Odd Rod says those don't make it to the glove very often. Ya Think
I ate those up in High School. These are pro hitters

Then Dirty tosses another fastball and that guy blasts it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Whatever happens the rest of this season, there needs to be an emphasis right out of spring training next year on getting even with the Royals and Indians. The fucking cocksuckers on those teams need to get a taste of their own medicine and they need to get it hard all year long. Fuck them all!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Today's game ate donkey balks, I have a feeling it was the final nail in the coffin.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Today's game ate donkey balks, I have a feeling it was the final nail in the coffin.
View Quote

I think Ausmus is done if the don't make th WC game.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't know why you guys are blaming Ausmus. He's tried everything to get these guys to win. He keeps pulling the strings, and they just keep coming up short. I blame Sanchez, Pelfrey, Greene and K-Rod for losing the last two games. Ausmus is playing the guys that he has and they can't get the job done. It's not his fault.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't know why you guys are blaming Ausmus. He's tried everything to get these guys to win. He keeps pulling the strings, and they just keep coming up short. I blame Sanchez, Pelfrey, Greene and K-Rod for losing the last two games. Ausmus is playing the guys that he has and they can't get the job done. It's not his fault.
View Quote

When an otherwise talented team isn't performing, it's the manager's fault - especially when it's not just one or two games, it's a season-long problem involving most of the roster.

Not only that, but Ausmus's decisions are mind boggling.  ex: Early in the season Castellanos was on a tear.  He led the league in batting average.  What does Ausmus do?  He sits him out in a big game that the Tiger's went on to lose, and Castellanos lost his groove and never got it back.
He did the same thing to Cameron Maybin.
He refuses to move Victor Martinez in the lineup, because, "he's the only one on the team who can protect Miggy."
Not walking Dozier with an open base.

The bottom line is he ignores common baseball sense, and strictly follows what his statistics book says he should do, to the detriment of the ball club.  He took a World Series caliber team and ran it in to the ground.

The Tigers will never be winners as long as he's the manager.

At this point, the only guys in Detroit still defending Ausmus are the guys on FSD.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Given the hand dealt to Brad, most guys would fold.

Sanchie was obviously broken beyond repair in May. By June it was obvious he was a liability.
Not Brads call to keep him.

Greene was obviously not ready by June. He's still working things out, and an iffy middle innings reliever, and NOT a starter. Not yet, not this year.
Farmer is much the same.
Norris is further along, but still shaky and prone to getting off track, same as Boyd.

The Wilson twins?
Yeah....flip a quarter.

JV, and Fulmer are the only two reliable starters, and it was realized in early summer.
The answer? Lean on Zim, who was known to be a streaky on/off gamble anyhow.

NOT Brads call to keep them, or swap them.

Romines bunt the other night? NOT Brads call.
Bonehead move by a guy that is normally solid as a utility player.

Bats going cold for no damn reason?
Very little small ball emphasis as a direction.
Again, not Brads call. Look at the HP in the line up, that have little speed on the bases.
Nick, Iggy, Ian, and Maybin are the balance, and with Nick out and McCann in a slump, it screws up the balance.
They can be pitched around, and set up for the double plays still..

NOT Brads call.

Farmer starting tonight?
Who else is there?

Brad simply isn't to blame.

The crew is going at it hard despite Farmer getting yanked early.
Cleveland wins the Central with a win tonight, and Kluber already hit Iggy..

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

When an otherwise talented team isn't performing, it's the manager's fault - especially when it's not just one or two games, it's a season-long problem involving most of the roster.

Not only that, but Ausmus's decisions are mind boggling.  ex: Early in the season Castellanos was on a tear.  He led the league in batting average.  What does Ausmus do?  He sits him out in a big game that the Tiger's went on to lose, and Castellanos lost his groove and never got it back.

He refuses to move Victor Martinez in the lineup, because, "he's the only one on the team who can protect Miggy."

The bottom line is he ignores common baseball sense, and strictly follows what his statistics book says he should do, to the detriment of the ball club.  He took a World Series caliber team and ran it in to the ground.

At this point, the only guys in Detroit still defending Ausmus are the guys on FSD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that the problems with this team are more complicated.

1. I think that the huge amount of roster churn was bound to cause issues. More than 1/3rd of roster is new players; J. Wilson, K-Rod, Mark Lowe, Pelfrey, Zimmermann, Upton, Saltalamachia, Maybin and Aviles were all on the opening day roster, then Casey McGhee and Eric Aybar joined late in the season.

2. Injuries have been costly. Losing Zimmermann has hurt. Losing JD for 6 weeks hurt a lot. Maybin being out for the first couple months hurt. But Castellanos being out has been bad. I heard an interesting fact today; Tigers' third basemen have not hit a home run since Castellanos went down. WOW!

3. Some of the guys we were counting on have sucked. Pelfrey was a terrible signing. Lowe has been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. Also, fucking with Sanchez's mechanics in spring training was a complete fuck up that fucked up a guy who had a bad season last year too. Also, Until the last few weeks, Upton was a complete let down. How long was everyone calling him the worst signing ever? A looooong time.

4. We've had to lean on rookies and near rookies too much. Fulmer, Boyd and Norris have performed admirably. But, none of them has pitched in a full major league season, none of them has logged enough major league innings and none of them has the experience pitching down the stretch in a pennant chase.

Brad has made some bad calls, but for the most part I don't think that this team's failures are his fault. I think that what the Tigers should do is mildly tweak the bullpen and bring everyone else back next year. I think that Verlander and Zimmermann should be the only guys guaranteed spots in the rotation next year and Sanchez, Pelfrey, Fulmer, Boyd and Norris should have to compete for spots in the rotation.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Sanchie was obviously broken beyond repair in May. By June it was obvious he was a liability.

Greene was obviously not ready by June. He's still working things out, and an iffy middle innings reliever, and NOT a starter. Not yet, not this year.

Farmer is much the same.

Norris is further along, but still shaky and prone to getting off track, same as Boyd.

The Wilson twins?

Yeah....flip a quarter.

JV, and Fulmer are the only two reliable starters, and it was realized in early summer.

Again, not Brads call. Look at the HP in the line up, that have little speed on the bases.

Nick, Iggy, Ian, and Maybin are the balance, and with Nick out and McCann in a slump, it screws up the balance.

NOT Brads call.

Farmer starting tonight?

Who else is there?

View Quote

Small ball is gay.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Small ball is gay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Farmer is much the same.

The Wilson twins?
Yeah....flip a quarter.

NOT Brads call.

Farmer starting tonight?
Who else is there?

Small ball is gay.

I said 6K was Gay elsewhere, butt I'm watching the debate
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

1. I think that the huge amount of roster churn was bound to cause issues. More than 1/3rd of roster is new players; J. Wilson, K-Rod, Mark Lowe, Pelfrey, Zimmermann, Upton, Saltalamachia, Maybin and Aviles were all on the opening day roster, then Casey McGhee and Eric Aybar joined late in the season.

2. Injuries have been costly. Losing Zimmermann has hurt. Losing JD for 6 weeks hurt a lot. Maybin being out for the first couple months hurt. But Castellanos being out has been bad. I heard an interesting fact today; Tigers' third basemen have not hit a home run since Castellanos went down. WOW!

3. Some of the guys we were counting on have sucked. Pelfrey was a terrible signing. Lowe has been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. Also, fucking with Sanchez's mechanics in spring training was a complete fuck up that fucked up a guy who had a bad season last year too. Also, Until the last few weeks, Upton was a complete let down. How long was everyone calling him the worst signing ever? A looooong time.

4. We've had to lean on rookies and near rookies too much. Fulmer, Boyd and Norris have performed admirably. But, none of them has pitched in a full major league season, none of them has logged enough major league innings and none of them has the experience pitching down the stretch in a pennant chase.

Brad has made some bad calls, but for the most part I don't think that this team's failures are his fault. I think that what the Tigers should do is mildly tweak the bullpen and bring everyone else back next year. I think that Verlander and Zimmermann should be the only guys guaranteed spots in the rotation next year and Sanchez, Pelfrey, Fulmer, Boyd and Norris should have to compete for spots in the rotation.
View Quote

I agree with all of your points - with the exception of the team's failures not being Brad's fault.  The shitty off-season signings are the fault of Al Avila (another guy I'm not a fan of), but too many of Brad's decisions have been wrong and it's been a problem from day 1 (in 2014, when the Tigers had a much better team).

Though I think there's something else going on this year, because Miggy and Victor have been especially terrible when it counts, but maybe that ties back to Ausmus's leadership?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I agree with all of your points - with the exception of the team's failures not being Brad's fault.  The shitty off-season signings are the fault of Al Avila (another guy I'm not a fan of), but too many of Brad's decisions have been wrong and it's been a problem from day 1 (in 2014, when the Tigers had a much better team).

Though I think there's something else going on this year, because Miggy and Victor have been especially terrible when it counts, but maybe that ties back to Ausmus's leadership?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The word from the beat writers and national reporters is that the players respect Brad, that he gets over criticized by the fans and talk radio, and that he'll be back next year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The word from the beat writers and national reporters is that the players respect Brad, that he gets over criticized by the fans and talk radio, and that he'll be back next year.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Mad Mario and Odd Rod are talking up JV for the Cy Young
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

JV is:

1st in AL in K's

3rd in AL in ERA

2nd in AL in WHIP

2nd in AL in Batting Average Against

If he does the JV thing in his last start, against the Braves, then he could end up leading the AL in every category except wins and saves.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

JV is:

1st in AL in K's
3rd in AL in ERA
2nd in AL in WHIP

If he does the JV thing in his last start, against the Braves, then he could end up leading the AL in every category except wins and saves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JV is:

1st in AL in K's
3rd in AL in ERA
2nd in AL in WHIP

They said on the broadcast last night that only 4 other pitchers in history have recorded as many strikeouts in a season at his age (33 or older): Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson, and two other guys I don't remember...
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#44]
JV was great, hope his last start is as good,
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Got to the game last night. It was fun, though pretty empty. My first game in probably over 20 years. The "new" (to me ) park is really nice.

Got to see Verlander and Cabrera, two of the better players in the League in recent memory. Getting to see a Miggy HR was special.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Hardy has stepped things up...I hope like heck he can hang onto it in this stupid rain.

If the top of the order can get ahead before the end of the 5th, and the next rain delay..
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#47]
AND THERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Miggy just hit his 307th!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Miggy just hit his 307th!!
View Quote

Those are as a Tiger...he has 446 career total. He may join the 600 club before his career ends. He will almost certainly pass Al Kaline for most all time as a Tiger. Possibly by a lot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#50]
1/2 game back!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top