Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
At what point does Avila put together a "Value pack" of Gose, Upton, and Aviles, and offer them up for a couple AAA prospects, a starter, and a Bull pen stuffer?

Romine is a better infielder than Aviles, and can connnect at the plate.
Upton and Gose have both been upstaged by Moya and Maybin.

Upton has become a 130 Million dollar Yugo. Maybe a stint in Toledo will get his attention, dunno, but he's gotta poop or get off the pot.
I'll take Maybin and his consistent hits, and grand theft potential over Uptons consistent K's with the odd double or HR.

Francisco Rodriguez is solid. It's Soooo nice to finally have a closer, that can slam the door shut consistently.
He's a likeable gent too. The guy reaches 400 saves, and he's humble about it, praising JV for the win...WOW!!!

I'm feeling positive, but see a couple tweaks being needed still, thanks to the division being so tough again this year.
At least it's fun again, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard Gene Lamont, Interim Tiger Manager Speak
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At what point does Avila put together a "Value pack" of Gose, Upton, and Aviles, and offer them up for a couple AAA prospects, a starter, and a Bull pen stuffer?

Romine is a better infielder than Aviles, and can connnect at the plate.

Upton and Gose have both been upstaged by Moya and Maybin.

Upton has become a 130 Million dollar Yugo. Maybe a stint in Toledo will get his attention, dunno, but he's gotta poop or get off the pot.

I'll take Maybin and his consistent hits, and grand theft potential over Uptons consistent K's with the odd double or HR.

Francisco Rodriguez is solid. It's Soooo nice to finally have a closer, that can slam the door shut consistently.

He's a likeable gent too. The guy reaches 400 saves, and he's humble about it, praising JV for the win...WOW!!!

I'm feeling positive, but see a couple tweaks being needed still, thanks to the division being so tough again this year.

At least it's fun again, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.
View Quote

You know that you can't just send Upton to Toledo right? These guys are union and Upton is a veteran.

They would have to ask Upton to go to Toledo, and he would just flat out say no. If they still wanted to send him down, then they would have to put him on waivers for 10 days. Someone would immediately claim him off waivers, and they would have to either trade him or take him back. But, having a contract and more than 6 years service time, he could refuse the trade and stay in Detroit. So, the Tigers only other option would be to release him, in which case he would become a free agent and could sign with any other team.

Well that's great, right? No.

You see, if the Tigers released Upton then they would still owe him every nickel of his contract. He would wind up with the Mets or the Nats, making league minimum from them and with us paying him that entire $168 million contract.

That's how we got Salty. Miami gave him a $24 million contract. Miami released him last year, and the Dbacks signed him...for league minimum. Then we signed him in the offseason for league minimum. But, Miami still owes him $16 million. So, while he played for Arizona last year, the Marlins paid him $8 million. While he plays for us this year, the Marlins are paying him $8 million. Whatever happens next year, the Marlins will owe him another $8 million.

Bottom line, Upton is here until he decides to leave...and the Tigers will still owe him a shitload of money.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I know how it works.

The thing is, the douchebag can be benched, and given an option.

Remember Inge?
Step down to Toledo, and get things worked out while someone who gives a shit can help the team get ahead..or wait to get traded.

Upton at this point is a liability.
If the maggot wants a career, he will step down like Inge did. Upton wont. Not yet anyway. The bitch figures he will get traded.

He's a punk bitch, and needs his nose rubbed in his own shit until he gags on reality.
Brad and Avila can make Detroit, the last place he plays, and make it known.
It's coming.

On a bright note....Boyd finally has fangs...
Lost the game, but it's the best Boyd has pitched.
Pitching might come around by August.

On the long game, we are 2 starters and 2 relievers short.

It can still happen, in plenty of time.
I'm still planning on fall Ball.

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Back at .500
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Swept the Sux.

Over his last six starts JV has a 2.01 ERA with 52 K in 45 2/3 IP.

He also leads the American League in strike outs, and his ERA for the season is finally below 4.00.

My boy JV is getting it together. Do not be surprised if he is in the running for the AL Cy Young this year. You heard it hear first.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#7]

YEP!

JV is settling in, and getting a handle on trusting his junk, more so than relying on HP.
He got a couple of the "WTF was that?" looks today. Haven't seen him baffle hitters like that in a while..

I was wondering that with his temperament, how long it would take, but he's really gotten better with the off speed stuff, and slider.
Some really filthy late movement on his fast ball has been showing up too. Mid to late season when he really hits his stride, is going to be fun!

Not gonna jinx him, but I don't think anyone is better right now.

The sweep was SWEET!!!
Watching Maybin Mock Sale with the "Eatin it up" routine, then the "Binos'" movement Sat., was delicious.
The shit talking Sox fans around here, will be whining...I love it.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Sweeping the Milk baggers would be awesome!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Sweeping the Milk baggers would be awesome!!
View Quote
So far so good!

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome comeback!
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Ian
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ian
View Quote

Greatest trade in Tigers history. Not only did they get Ian Kinsler, they also got rid of Prince Fielder. That's a twofer!
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#13]

It's awful nice seeing the crew fired up, and playing inspired ball.

How about that barehanded snag and rip from Nick.

KC is slumping, and the tribe is starting to fizz, so this half of the season isn't over yet...

One more, and Z-Man will be on the mound, McCann catching, and it looks like Maybin back in center.
I fully expect a grinding pitching duel against Dickey.

Sweeping the Jay's after sweeping Shitcago would be soooooo nice.

Link Posted: 6/11/2016 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#14]
This team is dominating at home and embarrassing on the road.

Link Posted: 6/11/2016 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn,these announcers are horrid..
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still better than the clowns on ESPN.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep!

I suppose we are spoiled by the regular guys.

I gave up in the 2nd, and decided to spray early, while catching the game in the Tractor.
It's a hell of a thing, when the game on the radio, beats watching it live.

Tomorrow should be an interesting game.
Fulmer is a bag of surprises, and him on the mound means plenty of defensive fireworks.

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep!

I gave up in the 2nd, and decided to spray early, while catching the game in the Tractor.

Fulmer is a bag of surprises, and him on the mound means plenty of defensive fireworks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep!

I've always preferred listening to games on the radio rather then watching on the tv. Nice game by JV last night.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've always preferred listening to games on the radio rather then watching on the tv. Nice game by JV last night.
View Quote

The radio guys are great, but you really needed to see the movement on JV's pitches last night to truly appreciate his performance.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Solution- Listen to the radio, watch the TV
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Solution- Listen to the radio, watch the TV
View Quote

I have done that, but the radio broadcast is always out of sync with the TV broadcast, and drives me nuts.
It's like the old days when the film sound track was out of whack.

When ESPN or Fox has the game, I'll just head to the Barn, or jump in the Tractor when I get fed up with the dorks talking about The NL, and other crap unrelated to the game at hand.

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Third consecutive series win, first ever Tigers series win in the new Yankee Stadium, first road series win since sweeping the Twins in Minnesota.

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#23]
And Miggy got 2200 hits!
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And Miggy got 2200 hits!
View Quote

Last year

5th fastest to 2400
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#26]
haha
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 1:05:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice win for JV! Suck it KC!

JD being out for 4-6 weeks is going to suck though.
How he managed to throw accurately to the cut off man, after breaking his fricken' elbow, is nuts. That HAD to hurt.
Is it just me, or is that corner of RF really goofy the way it's laid out?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#29]
With all the rule changes in baseball, I would like to propose a new rule:

The Kansas City Royals Lose.

That's it. That's the rule. I don't care if they score 100 runs. The Kansas City Royals lose.

It is my opinion, that the fucking hayseeds and hog farmers don't need to see winning baseball, unless they are watching another team beat theirs...much the same way I feel about the commies and preverts in San Fransicko. In fact, baseball is taking them away from their primary function which is producing the wheat that is needed to make my bread. I think that it is a travesty of justice and a violation of the natural order to see those pig fucking wheat farmers putting on their best overalls and cheering when some Venezuelan commie hits a home run. In fact, I think that Ned Yost, due to his close ties to many Venezuelans may be a communist himself, and as such, I think that he should be brought before the House of Representatives, questioned and then taken out back and whipped by a trained horse whipper for un-American activities.

That's just my opinion though.

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:44:36 AM EDT
[#30]
What is it about the Bullpen, that Illich and Avila refuse to accept?

Year after year, it's the same thing.

Bats and starters put butts in the bleachers, and sell swag.

The Pen lose the game, or holds the lead.

We have three starters and a closer, and all the offense ever created.

No kind of creative Math, works to erase the glaring deficit in 1/3 of every game.

There is a clear pattern forming......I don't like it much.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#31]
There are few things that I hate more than the sound of other team's fans cheering when they play the Tigers. I just hate to hear the sound of them being happy, especially when it's fans of teams within the division.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Zimmy pitched a nice game, maybe the best of his career
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Zimmy pitched a nice game, maybe the best of his career
View Quote

I think the no hitter in the last game of 2014 was probably the best if his career.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Tigger Career I should have typed
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Why did Fulmer leave so early tonight ?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

He had poor command all night, loaded the bases with a walk, single and hit batter, then hit the next batter to drive in a run. He just didn't have it tonight.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He had poor command all night, loaded the bases with a walk, single and hit batter, then hit the next batter to drive in a run. He just didn't have it tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad he's not hurt.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#38]
SWEEP!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

SWEEP!!
View Quote

Walk off wild pitch!

This series for the Mariners reminds me of the Tigers series in Cleveland in 2014 when everything went to shit and they got swept on a walk off balk by Al Al
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Walk off wild pitch!

This series for the Mariners reminds me of the Tigers series in Cleveland in 2014 when everything went to shit and they got swept on a walk off balk by Al Al
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SWEEP!!

Walk off wild pitch!

Love it!  

WTF happened with that scrwewy throw from the outfield?  lol

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Love it!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SWEEP!!

Walk off wild pitch!

Love it!  

Maybin faked a hard turn towards third, like he was going to stretch it, and the bait was taken, hook and all, leading to the spastic throw.

Maybin is a shit, and likes to play head games. His speed and cockiness draws attention, and makes the defense sweat....and he knows it.

I like the kid. He AND Moya are going to be leaving a mark on the game.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#42]
The Tigers have agreed to terms with their first round draft pick Matt Manning on a $3.5 million draft bonus.

To recap, he's a 6'6" 18 year old two sport player who throws 97 and almost quit baseball to focus on basketball.

Potentially another Verlander.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Good!!

Sitting here watching Sanchie is painful.

The guy has lost his fastball, and can't maintain control on the curve and slider.
Early breaks, and hangers are going to eat him up until he gets a handle on things.

Get that kid up here ASAP!
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Sanchie hasn't lost his contract thouigh
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll go "Out On A Limb" ( my old boat), and say that Jacks To Open andTrips to win, but 4 of a kind takes the pot and JV should be out of the game now
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn the attendance in Tampa Buy sucks! Was like that when I went there a couple years ago.
Same with Marlins Park when I went there back in May.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Hell of a 9th inning boys !
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Hell of a 9th inning boys !
View Quote
Shit.Yes!!

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:07:42 AM EDT
[#49]
The Tigers have not had a comeback like this since 1998.

I went for my walk listening to the game and I was all pissed off all night. On the way home, all pissed off. But, just as I get home the top of the 9th starts...base hit.

OK, I'm thinking, good for Maybin not to give away an at bat.

Then Miggy gets a hit, Maybin to third and I'm thinking, OK, they're going to add a run.

Then VMart gets a hit. Then Castellanos gets a hit...now I'm getting interested.

Then Upton gets a hit...

And then Maybin clears the bases with a double up the gap! WOW! I am jumping up and down like a 6 year old and cheering in my living room!

And then they finish the job with a double play in the bottom half. WOW! What a fucking game!

This is a FANTASTIC start to the longest road trip of the year. This is EXACTLY the kind of thing that can break a team's back if you're the Rays, and this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that can get a team rolling if you're the Tigers!

I texted my buddy that I would be orgasmic if the Tigers went 5-6 on this road trip...but, this could be a real boost. This could be a true roll starter. This team is getting me kind of excited. They have had a few late come backs that came close but never came through. I am thinking that this is a team that can be dangerous late, and that is always a good thing. Hell, they scored three late runs off the Yankees bullpen which was supposed to be unstoppable.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Good!!

Sitting here watching Sanchie is painful.

The guy has lost his fastball, and can't maintain control on the curve and slider.

Early breaks, and hangers are going to eat him up until he gets a handle on things.

Get that kid up here ASAP!
View Quote

Sanchez's failure is not his fault.

You may recall, during spring training, the coaches tried to change his motion to eliminate the big turn in his delivery. Their thought was that if they eliminated the turn then they could keep him healthy and keep him in the rotation. So, he did what he was told. When he got to the regular season he was still out of sorts. So he switched to a hybrid motion with a half turn. He was still walking guys all over and having short outings, so they had him try to go back...by that time the damage was done.

The coaches fucked Sanchez, and everyone seems to have forgotten that they changed his delivery. You can't do that with a veteran guy and expect shit to go right.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top