Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2015 7:48:39 PM EDT
I'll be visiting SE Michigan (from Connecticut) next week, and I'd like to cruise some gunshops.

I'm originally from Farmington, and will have no trouble finding my way around, staying in Fowlerville and Ann Arbor. Suggestions in that area of the state would be great, along with any in the Metro Detroit area that are generally inside Michigan Avenue to Square Lake, and west of Woodward. Mostly interested in pistols and revolvers, reloading supplies, maybe a scope for my AR...

I'm not planning to buy a gun (according to my wife), but my local FFL is on speed dial, and I have been working a lot of overtime lately, so Who Knows?

Also looking forward to THE GAME, Spartans Rule!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Ann Arbor Arms is an absolute must-see if you're near Ann Arbor.

Go Blue.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Cabela's. US23 exit 17. Lots of guns but a little high priced
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ann Arbor Arms is an absolute must-see if you're near Ann Arbor.

Go Blue.
View Quote

Neat store, good people.

I've made the drive from Lansing a couple times. It's always worthwhile.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Whats that fairly new one at 23 and 59?   Oakland Tactical IIRC.   I've been meaning to check them out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Guns Galore in Fenton, if you're willing to take a drive.

While you're there, a restaurant called The Laundry is pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all, and additional suggestions are very much appreciated. As I said, LOTS and LOTS of overtime lately, and I've been a very good boy lately, so maybe??? Unfortunately, I'm a little limited on what I can bring (have sent) back to Connecticut, but a S&W 66-1 would catch my eye, or a great price on a .22 lr upper for my AR
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Top gun, Taylor

Shooters edge ,monroe

Sorry I wouldn't recommend Guns galore to  anyone.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Oakland Tactical (Old US 23 & M-59) is very good.  Not a big shop but specializes in high end tactical arms
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#9]
If you're driving by on 96 check out Peacemakers in Howell.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oakland Tactical (Old US 23 & M-59) is very good.  Not a big shop but specializes in high end tactical arms
View Quote

Plus one! NFA goodness too!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]
If you compete and\or take training classes - check out Dan at Gun Barn 2 in Livonia.  Smaller shop, great guy.

If you are more of a collector\plinker - check out Firing Line in Westland or Top Gun in Taylor.  They both have good deals on lightly used guns and have pretty decent inventory (my preference is Firing Line).
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I'm seeing some great opportunities! Ann Arbor Arms for sure (any gunshop that can survive in liberal/communist Ann Arbor is worth a visit and we are overnighting in AA).

I think I know Firing Line from a previous trip, and Taylor will pretty easy to get to as well. Got a Cabela's here, but I'll likely go there as well, my experience is that you can stumble across a decent deal at Cabela's, and I think they will ship store to store with no transfer fee.

Appreciate the help!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:01:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Cabela's is currently having a 10% off sale on all used handguns. I was in there Sunday and had no intention of buying anything, but left with a S&W Model 49 for a pretty cheap price after the discount and using some Club points.

Some others have posted their thoughts on some and I will post mine on the ones I've been too.
Ann Arbor Arms: very nice new fancy store with a decent selection, but at often MSRP + prices. There have been sometimes their prices on one or two things have been good/reasonable. I have bought guns from there in the past.
Firing Line: Good selection and pretty good prices. Usually have a decent amount of used/consignment guns too.
Huron Valley guns in Milford: Big selection of guns with large amount of used as well. Prices seem to be on the high side IMHO. Last time I was in there the owner(?) had his collection on display. Cool collection, but when you remove half of your for sale items to show your not for sale collection doesn't seem a good idea to me.
Guns Galore in Fenton: Good selection of new and used and good/great prices too. I've have always been happy with the service their and have bought a few guns from them.
Oakland Tactical: I have only been in there once so I really can't ad anything else.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I just come here to post...............GO BLUE!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I stopped in Oakland Tactical and I was impressed.   If you are looking for AR stuff they have it!   Lots of high end stuff and they were helpful.   The Tony Sacco's Pizza across 59 is awesome too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top