Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2015 7:20:07 PM EDT
From what I've found, Ohio CPL law is pretty close to MI. I did see something about duty to retreat. Do they have any restrictions on hollow points or magazine capacity? Also, any hotel rules I should know about? Carrying to the room and locking up.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I am formerly of Michigan, but have been an Ohio resident for the last 8 years.  As you note the laws are pretty comparable.  There is no bullet type or capacity restriction for a CHL.  However, the traffic stop requirement is more than just notifying law enforcement immediately.  Keep you hands in plain sight and comply with all orders.  Failure to comply on either item is a misdemeanor.  If you ATTEMPT to make contact with the handgun without being ordered, it is a felony.

The Ohio Attorney General site has a good PDF that summarizes everything.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Publications-Files/Publications-for-Law-Enforcement/Concealed-Carry-Publications/Concealed-Carry-Laws-Manual-(PDF).aspx
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Bookmarked that on my phone before I left. Checked the hotel's policy before leaving, didn't see anything saying no.

That is until I saw that awful sticker on the door. Bastards....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top