Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2015 2:34:52 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy my first quad, who is the best dealer to deal with in MId Mi?  I'm outside Lansing, but don't mind driving a few extra miles for a good dealer and of course a good deal.  I'm look at a Polaris so your feedback on Polaris deals is appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
We have 2 Polaris, Trail Boss and a RZR.

Got them both from Stevens in Midland.

I'd buy from them again, but I couldn't say that about other places I've bought from.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I would check out Honda East Toledo before I bought anything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn phone.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Babbits in Muskegon. DAR in Fremont.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I would second David Allen Racing Motorsports in Fremont.  I've bought all my bikes and ATVs from there.  They are not a big city dealer and don't treat you like a sales number, plus they should be having a Grand Re-Opening sale soon when their new showrooms opens after their total loss fire last fall. DAR Motorsports Fire  I usually deal with Tim in the sales dept. and he has always treated me straight, no bullshit fees and crap that all the other dealers tack on to make their "low price" not so low afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Fremont is a Dutch Town.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#7]
If you know what you want I would call Nelsons Speed Shop in Greenville.  I know they used to have the best prices around.  There is a new owner and haven't done any business with them since so I'm not sure if they still have good prices.  It's worth the call though
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you know what you want I would call Nelsons Speed Shop in Greenville.  I know they used to have the best prices around.  There is a new owner and haven't done any business with them since so I'm not sure if they still have good prices.  It's worth the call though
View Quote

Thx guys, I spent a lot of time looking and requested quotes from 5 dealers, I heard back from 4.  Of the 4, one wouldn't give me a quote, which is weird as I hit the request a quote button off the Polaris website.    They stated that they would have the lowest price and all I needed to do was to come into the shop and they could have me riding by the weekend.   When I pushed the sales guy on a price I was told the owner and management wouldn't allow quotes over the phone or via email & he'd get fired if he were to tell me how much it was.  I asked if the owner or management allowed him to tell me if they even had what I wanted in stock, he said they didn't but could usually get one in about a week, but I'd need to put a deposit down before they ordered one for me to sit on & get a feel for it.  That ended the conversation.

Of the other 3, one got a hold of me very quickly, answered my questions, but was multiple hundred dollars over the other 2.   The fourth one played the lowball price on their website and added on multiple hundred when I asked the OTD price.

I finally ended up right back where I started, Nelson's Speed Shop, but for a different quad.  Their quote was the OTD cost and the sale guy was willing to spend time with me looking at a bunch of different quads.   I even had to walk away because the one I thought I wanted wasn't in stock in the color I wanted.  I started this looking for a Polaris SPORTSMAN 570 SP Touring in Red but ended up putting a deposit on a Can Am Outlander Max XT 800 in Camo.

I put a deposit on it because it was a 2015 and the last one they had and I wanted to ensure I got it.  I pick it up Saturday, I'll post a pic then.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#9]
So,----------------How much did it cost ya?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So,----------------How much did it cost ya?
View Quote

$10,900

I got to do a little riding yesterday and was surprised on it's power, almost scary fast...  It's definitely a quad I'll grow into.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice quad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top