Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2015 8:59:52 AM EDT
Any one interested in going shooting the weekend of September 12/13, probably Sunday, at Oak Hill gun club in Portland?  Shouldn't be too bad for anyone near Lansing, Ionia, St. John's, etc.

They have multiple pits for rifle and pistols, nothing long range yet, sorry, there is also trap available if people want to.  There is also a club house to get out of the weather.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone in the Lansing/Portland area want to go burn through some ammo today?  I'm thinking of going to the Oak Hill Gun Club.
View Quote

Damn, I live in Grand Ledge. I would take you up on that, but I have some family stuff going on today.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump with new info.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got nothing going on that weekend and I haven't had the guns out in a few months. So I'm in.

Never been to that club but I think it's only a half hour away from me here in Dewitt?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:14:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd be down for that Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got nothing going on that weekend and I haven't had the guns out in a few months. So I'm in.

Never been to that club but I think it's only a half hour away from me here in Dewitt?
View Quote

It's about halfway between Westphalia, Pewamo and Portland.

The club's website with basic information, map, address, schedule, etc.
http://www.oakhillgun.club

I'm gonna check at the meeting tomorrow night to make sure all is good for this meet up.  Just a warning, there's a chance you guys will get asked if you wanna become members.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#6]
bump
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Full auto allowed?  Encouraged?  Subgun and/or assault rifle sized - for me anyway.  Of course others may be interested in belt fed.

Thanks for thinking of your fellow ARFCOMers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I could do the 13th (Sunday). I would be coming from Bath so not to far away. Has a time been suggested or set?
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Full auto allowed?  Encouraged?  Subgun and/or assault rifle sized - for me anyway.  Of course others may be interested in belt fed.

Thanks for thinking of your fellow ARFCOMers.
View Quote

This is for purely selfish reasons, like possibly getting to see and shooting exciting guns.

As for full auto, I don't know, I'm gonna run out to the club tomorrow morning and talk to them, just make sure everything is okay, I'll ask about full auto, I don't imagine there to be an issue, but I'll double check.  

They may ask for a donation for hosting a group shoot like this, I don't know.  I wouldn't discourage anyone from becoming members, this is the only club I'm a member of.  The fee is $50 for the first year.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I could do the 13th (Sunday). I would be coming from Bath so not to far away. Has a time been suggested or set?
View Quote

Time is looking like starting at 10-10:30, probably go til people start getting tired or ammo poor in the afternoon.

Feel free to bring any gear you are interested in trading or selling, we might get some bartering going on.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I swung by the club today and talked with them.  They say no to full auto, and asked that we keep it mostly to pistols, shotguns and limited rifles until they have built their 400 yard rifle range.  Sorry for the bad news.  Hope this doesn't dissuade too many guys from coming out.

I have shot my AR there, I think they're worried about a large number of guys shooting and disturbing the neighbors.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Just a bump to remind everyone about this weekend.  If there are any questions, feel free to ask.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like fun but i'm working all weekend.  Thanks for working on it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, I swung by the club today and talked with them.  They say no to full auto, and asked that we keep it mostly to pistols, shotguns and limited rifles until they have built their 400 yard rifle range.  Sorry for the bad news.  Hope this doesn't dissuade too many guys from coming out.

I have shot my AR there, I think they're worried about a large number of guys shooting and disturbing the neighbors.
View Quote

I guess they weren't too worried when the USPSA State match was held there a month or so ago. I was there and it was pretty noisy the whole day. Lots of rapid fire. :)

Wish I could make the shoot, but had other plans.  Perhaps next time.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Just a bump in case anyone is looking for something to do today.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Another possible reason for no full auto fire is the liability insurance cost.  I know of one range that, according to a member of the club there, was told it was the reason why they didn't allow full auto.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#17]
There's a gun show in Mason coming up next weekend.

I'll be there. If anyone found this thread late and wants to meet fellow Arfcommers it'd be a good opportunity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top