Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2015 9:52:00 PM EDT
Multi-part question here....

1) anyone have any bad experiences with this as far as law enforcement goes?
2) is there an amount that could be considered reckless or "dangerous"?

Buddy of mine has a car he wants to get rid of. He'd rather forgo the $1000 he can make on it by
blowing it up with tannerite.

3) is this illegal?
4) anyone have any property they'd be willing to volunteer for this?

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
1) Nope, but it's polite to give your local agency a notification call if you plan to set off large amounts so there's no mystery when the libs and whiny folks call them about "terror bomb explosion sounds" or whatever. Saves their time and yours.

2)  Tannerite is an explosive and is inherently dangerous, but as long as you're clearing dry foliage and have good standoff to protect you, others and property from fragments you're good. 50lb and 100lb blasts can set off seismic sensors at power plants depending on your proximity to them, so see the suggestion above.

3) As long as the car is titled in his name and no fragments leave your property then no, it is legal to destroy your own vehicle.

4) Maybe check around with folks who own gravel pits? Those would be the safest area to make a car into confetti.

Note: Remember to take a video (HD please, too many potatocam videos on youtube) and pics when you do find a place!

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.tannerite.com/faq.php

I believe tannerite is a non flammable explosive provided you don't add an accellerent or incendiary to it.
Check out the tannerite website for questions regarding safety and use. There is also a link from their main page regarding fbi guidelines regarding "intent".

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Go nuts.  I got a visit from the police once while destroying some muskrat mounds in my pond, but once they figured I was using Tannerite they left with a "well we don't approve but we can't do anything" attitude.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Note: Remember to take a video (HD please, too many potatocam videos on youtube) and pics when you do find a place!

View Quote

And for the love of all that is good and holy if you are using a phone do not take vertical video.  Every time someone makes a vertical video, a baby gets AIDS and dies.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top