Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2015 7:44:39 PM EDT
For those not aware, a week or so ago we lost Nevada as a State that honors our CPL. That takes us from 40 States to 39 by my count. We lost it because when our State updated our computer system, we stopped participating in the system that allows other State's LEOs to verify our CPL as legit 24/7. Talking with a Nevada Official, he said if that became available again (which seems as it should be easy) it would be a simple matter to get us reinstated on their reciprocity list. So wondering if anyone has heard any more recent news on this front?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard anything about this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent for an AZ permit application.

It costs around $40, and is honored by NV.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for info. Headed out there to visit my nephew this fall

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I sent for an AZ permit application.

It costs around $40, and is honored by NV.
View Quote
Can you elaborate on how to do this?

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]

I sent the email request for the packet a week ago, but I haven't seen it yet. Hopefully it will be here soon.

I've occasionally got a conference for work out that way. As long as I'm there, I can usually find some shooting-related activities, so I usually stay longer and use up a few vacation days before coming home. Up until recently I could just bring my carry gun along with whatever other guns I bring in my checked luggage.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#7]
The AZ application packet arrived today. Looks pretty straightforward. Includes fingerprint cards, but no photo required. They want proof of some firearms training. From what I read on their website a current or expired carry permit from another state works, so long as it required you to show proficiency by actually shooting a gun. Or even the hunter's safety card I got when I was 11 would work.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The AZ application packet arrived today. Looks pretty straightforward. Includes fingerprint cards, but no photo required. They want proof of some firearms training. From what I read on their website a current or expired carry permit from another state works, so long as it required you to show proficiency by actually shooting a gun. Or even the hunter's safety card I got when I was 11 would work.
View Quote
Nice, my sister lives out that way now and I will be going to her wedding in the spring so I will go this route too.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I just dropped my application in the mail today.  We'll see what kind of turn-around time they have.

I didn't include my (optional) SSN on the application.  As a rule, I generally don't if it's not required.  That may or may not delay it.  

I'm not sure where I filed my NRA training certificate from when I took my MI CPL class, but I've got other documentation showing proof of training.  Actually, I still have my Hunter's Ed certificate from 1986.  So I sent a copy of that.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, AZ permit is a good "plan B" for NV travel/carry, was just hoping to hear good news on the reciprocity restoration.

Actually it was the arrival of my AZ application that prompted me to write this thread. Still haven't sent it out. Got here a week or less after sending the email request.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just dropped my application in the mail today.  We'll see what kind of turn-around time they have.
View Quote

I was out of state on vacation (actually, in AZ) when my new AZ concealed weapons permit arrived.  It was postmarked 7/29.  Less than 2 weeks turn-around time.  Not bad.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine today. Just over two weeks from when I mailed it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top