Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2015 1:29:22 PM EDT
H.B. 4615 passed in the state house 58 to 51.

-To increase diesel fuel tax by 19 cents per gallon.

-Also to tax natural gas and other alternative fuels used by vehicles at an equivalent rate.

-Index all fuels (Diesel, Gasoline, alternative fuels.) to inflation.

- Projected $78 million dollar a year increase in taxes.

H.B. 4609 passed in the state house 57 to 52

Eliminates state earn income credit. (EITC) and shifts the current $115 million dollar tax credit given to tax payers to road funding.

More to come as our RINO political machine extends its middle finger to the 80% of voters who rejected  Prop 1 on may first.

7/8/15 - The senate passes H.B. 4615

Gas and Diesel will rise from 19 cents and 15 cents respectively to 34 cents per gallon. (The second highest in the nation)

Just 4 months ago prop 1 got shot down by voters who said no more taxes. Didn't take those fuckers long to shove it right up your ass.

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really surprising, prop 1 failed and they still want more money to waste.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
My bigger fear is when the Republicans piss off enough people to get us Democrat controlled everything. How F'd are we gonna be then?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Awwee thanks!! Like diesel isn't expensive enough. All the while our wonderful road crews are re paving roads that don't need it and just stick an "uneven road" sign on the worst one in the area.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Michigan politics is making my decision to leave so much easier.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto.

Richie Rickey Snidley Whiplash is a first degree POS, along with his other rino butt buddies in Lansing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ditto.

Richie Rickey Snidley Whiplash is a first degree POS, along with his other rino butt buddies in Lansing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

Ya got that right.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not going to carry the water for the Republicans but, did I get that right that they eliminated the EITC?    The one that gives a big payday to the welfare rats while we get to pay our taxes?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not going to carry the water for the Republicans but, did I get that right that they eliminated the EITC?    The one that gives a big payday to the welfare rats while we get to pay our taxes?
View Quote

Not impressed. I didn't see my tax bill reduced as a result. Did you?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't blame me my State Rep. Peter J. Lucido (R) voted against HR 4615 a Tax Increase.

Predictions have been made that solutions to Michigan's Problem roads will not be approved  by the Senate.

Importantly, Lucido is the only State Rep offering a realistic alternative plan to fix the roads, without a  Tax increase and  without harming those receiving payments from the Michigan Catastropic Claims fund.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:14:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My bigger fear is when the Republicans piss off enough people to get us Democrat controlled everything. How F'd are we gonna be then?
View Quote

The Dems are going to have  "Legalize weed" as a Poll draw.
The fact that the entrenched RINO's are shitting all over the moderate right to middle, and blurring any separation between them and the Marxist left, is just going to put a nail in it.

Weed WILL be on the ballot, and it will pass.
If the GOP had the brains god gave a friggin' stump, they would quietly allow one of the Libertarian leaning Repubs, put a weed bill on the floor, and let it squeak through as a pre-emptive measure, and nullify the matter as a Poll Draw.

Not gonna happen though.
They would rather send the state down the shitter.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Enjoy your RINO pieces of shit.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL. I never really thought the vote mattered a damn bit, it was just a way to make the voters feel like the wielded power on this issue. Now, they'll just use the legislative process to get it down.

And at a perfect time, when fucking gas prices are going back up above $3.00

Oh yeah, and not a single god damned penny will goto fixing the roads, AS IT SHOULD, but to some stupid ass liberal project that will bear zero fruit and only cause bigger deficit problems when they start running out of revenue.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Road funding will have a nice reserve and it will get yanked from in the future for another pet project.

Rinse and repeat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top