Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2015 4:25:30 PM EDT
So I am going to a bachelor party in Kalamazoo on Saturday.  I am the best man, and have taken the solemn duty of being the designated driver. With that being said, since I have my Indiana carry permit, is it legal to carry in bars in Michigan? And other than doing the walking brewery tours, what is there to do in Kalamazoo?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No go in the bars.  I would also go with a no go on the brewery walks also.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No go in the bars.  I would also go with a no go on the brewery walks also.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Glad I asked, IN doesn't care but I remember a friend having an issue in another state.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Michigan has a Zero Tolerance standard for carrying concealed and consuming any alcohol. If you are carrying and even have trace amounts of alcohol on your breath you are in violation of the law.

Don't drink and drive. Don't carry and drink at all. No guns in bars.

Be your friends designated driver, you'll feel better come the morning.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
General rule is if the establishment makes more money off of booze than food, it's a no go.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Michigan has a Zero Tolerance standard for carrying concealed and consuming any alcohol. If you are carrying and even have trace amounts of alcohol on your breath you are in violation of the law.

Don't drink and drive. Don't carry and drink at all. No guns in bars.

Be your friends designated driver, you'll feel better come the morning.
View Quote

Indiana is much more lax, but heck at least you can buy booze on Sunday.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Bars are a no go. Anything above a .000 BAC is a no go.

Restaurants that serve alcohol and that sort of thing, is allowed.

The Brewery crawl is an awesome idea, but nope on the carry aspect.
We had to conceede "No Bars and zero tolerance" to get CCW reform passed back in 2000, or it wouldn't have gotten passed.

As long as you stay dry, keeping the Roscoe in the car when in the bars and Brewery's is entirely fine.
Just remember that we are a "must notify" state, if you have contact with Kazoo's finest.

There's quite a bit to see and do in the Zoo.
There's even more if you head due west, and hit the Beach....where half of Kalamazoo is every weekend.
If ya do, holler on the PM's if ya need local scoop.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#7]
The brewery's are pretty good.  If you're actually looking for something to eat though, I highly suggest Olde Peninsula.  Be nice for the DD as well, as they have amazing in house root beer.  

Don't even bother with the strip clubs...just trust me there.

There's some fun stuff to do for a group in the area;
Just down the road in BC there's a great Paintball place (http://www.bcsplat.com/)
There's a shit ton of bowling alley's in the area, but Airway lanes is actually a decent one (decent food as well) http://airwayfuncenter.com/
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
We were thinking about the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange for dinner.  Any idea if it is good?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The brewery's are pretty good.  If you're actually looking for something to eat though, I highly suggest Olde Peninsula.  Be nice for the DD as well, as they have amazing in house root beer.  

Don't even bother with the strip clubs...just trust me there.

There's some fun stuff to do for a group in the area;
Just down the road in BC there's a great Paintball place (http://www.bcsplat.com/)
There's a shit ton of bowling alley's in the area, but Airway lanes is actually a decent one (decent food as well) http://airwayfuncenter.com/
View Quote

I'm very excited to go to Bells.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]
10 of us have done a three brewery tour (walking) and are now at the Olde Pinesula. Since we all walked from the hotel, we are all hammered.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#11]
We had a HTF get together at bells a year ago and they had good food.

CC is CC
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We had a HTF get together at bells a year ago and they had good food.

CC is CC
View Quote

I really enjoyed Bell's. They had excellent beers that aren't available in Indiana. Boatyard Brewery was outstanding too. The Olde Pinesula was also a lot of fun. Arcadia was ok, the beer was good but the people were snooty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top