Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:02:32 AM EDT
Well it looks like my move to Michigan is a go! I am originally from Brighton, my wife and I moved to NC back in 2007 right after we got married and while we love it down here all of our family and friends are back in the mitten. Thankfully I can transfer to one of the Michigan offices my company has. We'll be headed north on July 10th!  Going to stay with a friend in Commerce till we catch our breath up there and then look for a house in the Brighton area.

I know a lot of people rag on Michigan, but I am really looking forward to being "home"
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Could not get me to live anywhere else!

Welcome back!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome back, I grew up near Brighton.  Lived in the Grand Rapids area for a decade, and live in the UP now.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I moved from Illinois to Brighton in '98 then to outside Lansing in '05 because Brighton was getting too big.  If you haven't been back in a few years you will not recognize Brighton.  I kinda wish we didn't move out of Brighton, were we're in a small sub in the Stare Rec area, but there are a lot of people in Brighton now.

I do like Michigan, but then remember I came from Illinois...  No plans to move out of MI, but we may move to NW lower Mich in the next 5-10years.

Welcome Back in advance.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been here my whole life, but I'm really looking forward to leaving later this year. You can take my spot. Enjoy your stay.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I left the Detroit area in 1996 to move to the Chicago area. I've often considered moving back, but not quite sure if I want to pull the trigger - my entire support system is here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been here my whole life, but I'm really looking forward to leaving later this year. You can take my spot. Enjoy your stay.
View Quote

I was a "grass is greener" kinda guy back when we were in Michigan, and having now lived in NC for 8 years I have to say its really not all that much different. The mountains are great, and the ocean is here but northern MI and the great lakes basically provide the same feel. I do enjoy the occasional 70* January day down here, but the insanely hot summers are not worth the trade off.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well it looks like my move to Michigan is a go! I am originally from Brighton, my wife and I moved to NC back in 2007 right after we got married and while we love it down here all of our family and friends are back in the mitten. Thankfully I can transfer to one of the Michigan offices my company has. We'll be headed north on July 10th!  Going to stay with a friend in Commerce till we catch our breath up there and then look for a house in the Brighton area.

I know a lot of people rag on Michigan, but I am really looking forward to being "home"
View Quote

I'm right next door in wolverine lake, look me up when you get here!
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome home! I live in commerce! Your coming at the perfect time to get out on some of the lakes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome home! I live in commerce! Your coming at the perfect time to get out on some of the lakes.
View Quote

We'll actually be living with a good friend of mine for a couple months in Commerce when we first come up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top