Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2015 2:42:55 PM EDT
I scoured Lapeer SGA and Wolcott Mills for a few hours this AM...not a thing other than some desiccated woods ears from last year.  Did find a sweet antler shed, though.

Anybody seeing any morels yet or was this winter so long and cold that we're probably still a couple weeks early?

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes!!!
A guy at work brought in a couple pounds and we fried them up at lunch. They were the dark ones about an inch to two inches tall. He must have had 75 in the bag.

So they are out there. Although you will not find any left here.

Chinook3

They came from Calhoun county.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Just starting to come up near the SW Lake shore.

Get 20 Miles east, where it has been warmer, and they are up.

I have a small area in one field, where they come up between Blueberry bushes every year, and within a day or two, they will be up in the woods.

We need a nice light rain for a couple hours, then a warm spell.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't find any to save my life. 30 minutes north of GR.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#4]
It's way to dry up here in Mackinaw City.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lapeer SGA was dry as a bone.  There were a couple spots that looked like they would be perfect, but 99% of the woods was parched.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't find any to save my life. 30 minutes north of GR.
View Quote

Hmm,I'm 3o some minutes North of GR
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty dry here in Isabella too.Looks like we have rain coming in tomorrow night.Should push em right up!

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep.  One of the guys I work with found a baseball cap full behind the shop here in Eaton County.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Went out last weekend in Monroe County and found 2 small ones maybe 1" tall. Left them be and will be back within the next couple days. They should be popping any day now with the rain and warm weather we've been having.

The ticks are bad again this year too. I took the dog with me on Sunday and he had 4 on him and I had 1 on me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:11:57 AM EDT
[#10]
My wife snagged four up by Onaway last week.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I went to visit a friend with a beach house in Union Pier. There was a guy selling them at a local farmers market. I have no idea where he got them but he had several small boxes about the size of .50cal ammo box on its side
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I actually have one in my back yard right now

In Hudsonville btw
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I always forget to look for those things. I've only ever seen one in the wild, in my life.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Was so dry where I live I didn't even bother looking.  Finally got about 1 3/4 inches of rain last night.  The big yellow/white morels should be coming up soon but the only place I find those are in my yard.

My brother did find plenty of blacks a week or so ago.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't come across any morals, scruples, or ethics in a long time.  And when I was out in the countryside this weekend, I didn't see any mushrooms of any kind either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top