I'm particularly interested in the metro area,
But I'm open to driving a ways to check stuff out

What do y'all got?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing huh
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#2]
This is relevant to my interests as I believe a move to MI is inevitable.

All I can add is Duncan's in bay city.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm I dunno

Ann Arbor Firearms    
Huron Valley Gun Shop    
Top Gun    
Westborn    
Action Impact

I may have the names slightly wrong  
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Johnsons sporting goods
Cabelas
Dunham's (good for ammo even .22)
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Google?

Guns Galore
Shooters Service
Firing Line
Double action
Center Mass
Williams Gun Sight
There's one at 8 mile and Beach Daly I can't remember the name of.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare and Gaylord
Silver Bullet, Barracks 616, Rylees Ace Hardware in Grand Rapids
Showtime Guns and Fireworks in Mt Pleasant
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I found a new one 2 weeks ago North of Grand Rapids - just passing through.

Great Lakes Firearms & Ammunition in Sparta.

They had some really, really good prices.
http://greatlakesfirearmsandammo.com/
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Oakland Tactical in Howell. Old US23 & M59.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:13:21 AM EDT
[#9]
My experiences:

Jerry's is for Fudds. Stopped in to see if they could press on a replacement front sight (dovetail) on my 870. Empty shop, the guys twiddling his thumbs but tells me he's back logged for 3 weeks. Seriously?  A two minute job for $10, wait 3 weeks?

Double Action is overpriced and poorly run.  Staff is often the "know-it-all" attitude but spews gun shop myths left and right.

Target has much better ownership and staff but is still overpriced.

Williams up in Davison has a great selection and pretty good prices but I walked away from a bolty that didn't have a detachable box magazine like I wanted because they wouldn't drop $20 off the price. $20 keeping you from making a sale, making me feel like I got a deal and likely to return?  Glad they didn't; in the long run I found something I really wanted for the same price. Purchased 3 guns since...none from them.

CQT has an awesome owner and staff. Their gun counter is getting respectable. Firearm prices are not good though. Their range is the best in the area, IMO, and at good rates. Plus the owner is conscientious about training that occurs there...doesn't let just any yahoo doing a CPL class use his facility. Also offers training beyond firearms.

Genos Tools n Guns was my FFL for a while with $25 transfers. Not a big counter, but sometimes had some firearms worth looking at, last time their stock seemed low.

Michigun has great people. They were the only shop in Metro Detroit that could/would order me an anniversary Colt back in 2011. Price was right on too.

Don't even bother with Bass Pro, Gander Mt or Cabelas for firearms IMO. But you should already know that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Black Arsenal in the great city of Stevensville.  SW Michigan.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]
My Favorite in the Ingham County (Clinton, Eaton, Ingham) is "Not Just Guns" out of Mason.  

Smaller store, small stock of long arms and decent stock of pistol, but with the best selection of accessories and parts I've found anywhere in the area.  

Store hours do stink due to them being closed all day on Sundays.

The Staff there is very knowledgeable. They're lead by Mike, the store owner, who is a shooter who has some competition experience from what I gather and just knows his stuff in general.  They have a couple of guys that just work Saturdays who really know their stuff from an "armorer/technical" stand point as well.  Most important the staff there is very customer oriented and they'll answer customer's dumb ass questions all day long.  

Interesting things they offer include a rewards points program and they're very willing to order things for you and cut  you prices that are very competitive to what you'd pay online.  They also have told me they have a deal with ATEI that could save you some money if you want ATEI slide work done to your Glock or M&P.  Mike and I believe a few other guys there have had ATEI do their slide work for the RMR mounts.

No indoor range, no pistol rental (obvious since no range), and I absolutely would not recommend the CPL course they have held there through a different company. Other than that they're good-to-go.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't even bother with Bass Pro, Gander Mt or Cabelas for firearms IMO. But you should already know that.
View Quote

Eh, sometimes I do buy odds and ends from those place.  Once in a Blue Moon Gander will have sales that are decent or offer rebates that would make their firearms alright in price. Gander Mt staff though are idiots, pure idiots, and almost to a dangerous degree with the nonsense they spew.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 for CQT - one of the best ranges around.

My new go to shop in Oakland CO is Motor City Gun Works. Great staff and always willing to help.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Look into some of the home based guys, might not have something in stock, but once your ready to order, they usually offer better pricing, and cheaper tranfers.  I have been kicking around the idea of getting my home FFL, as my buddies are always coming to me for advice, and if i could offer sales/transfers, i could make money off my hobby that i enjoy doing.  with 2016 coming, it would be a wise business ot start up now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#15]
The Armory in Traverse City
Gil-Roy's and Watts Ammo in St. Johns
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#16]
By Metro area I assume you mean Metro Detroit.

Close Quarters Tactical
Double Action
Pete's
Brown Bear
Black Water

These are the ones that come to mind, I'm sure a Google search would reveal a bunch more that many were unaware of.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Look into some of the home based guys, might not have something in stock, but once your ready to order, they usually offer better pricing, and cheaper tranfers.  I have been kicking around the idea of getting my home FFL, as my buddies are always coming to me for advice, and if i could offer sales/transfers, i could make money off my hobby that i enjoy doing.  with 2016 coming, it would be a wise business ot start up now.
View Quote

I'll second this. Check out the tacked "Firearm Transfer List" thread in this sub forum.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]
The only others that Google pulled were the one in warren, which doesn't have shit,
And target, which is a couple blocks from me, and has sucked since the late 90s
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:19:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Black Arsenal in the great city of Stevensville.  SW Michigan.
View Quote
Berrien County

The owner, Chad is GTG, and he has an SOT for NFA toys.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top