Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2015 1:31:48 PM EDT
It's that time again! My CCW expires in May and I am trying to decide when to start the paperwork process. How long is it taking Wayne County to renew CCWs these days? I think the last time I renewed it, I received a call to pick it up downtown (that was the only place handling CCW renewals and applications, though the website says one can go to the Wayne County Sheriff on Henry Ruff instead of driving all the way downtown to file your application) it was like 60 days. Any advice would be extremely helpful..
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
About a year ago, my wife got hers in 3 weeks.

Not very recent, though.  She went to the Henry Ruff substation, and they mailed the renewal.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
2.5 months for me
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
This was for a new cpl not renewal:
Applied Dec 23 at the satellite office
Approved at Wayne county gun board on Jan 28
Received in the mail Feb 9th

So six weeks for me, but there was a bunch of government holiday off time during that six weeks.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends on when the Board meets.  To state the obvious, if you happen to send in your app/renewal right after they've met, it will take longer till they meet again before you get processed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I got mine in about 3 weeks last year.  It was June or July when I did the renewal at the satellite office in Westland.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top