Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2015 9:33:08 PM EDT
I want to make sure I get this right, I am building a AR15 in 300 Blackout with a 8-1/2 inch barrel. Below is the form I have partially filled out. I will put my CPL number on it yet but:
Does anything go in the FFL boxes such as the FFL that I bought the stripped receiver from?
In the Purchaser section, do I put my name in the Seller and Purchaser box?

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
NO,at this point you are the seller and buyer
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing goes in either box for FFL numbers.

You are the purchaser and the seller.

Did you have the lower transferred on the 4473 as "Other"? (I assume it was a stripped lower.)
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah?

I got this little gem back when I inquired about registering a C&R pistol that I bought from AIM.

Mr. "Deussne":

The MSP Firearms Unit said to contact your seller, have them print out the Pistol Sales Record from the Michigan State Police website, fill out all info they can & sign & send back with the gun to you…have them keep the "Seller Copy”.  Then you finish filling out your portion, keep the "Purchaser Copy” & bring the MSP copy to us here at  City PD.  If you have any questions, you can call me Monday, Oct. 6 at this number…xxx.  Hope this helps.

"Clerk"

NPD Records

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]
It was recorded on the 4473 as "Frame"
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
If you bought just the stripped lower, you bought a firearm, but not a pistol or rifle.  So you do not RI 60 it unless and until you build it in a pistol configuration.  When you build the frame into a pistol and it is complete, you have 10 days to fill out the paperwork.  At that point your are the purchaser and the seller.  The date is the day you mail the form.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#6]
That means the upper has a barrel on it and you can measure the OAL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top