Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/1/2015 12:09:35 PM EDT
Just prior to the New Year our Nerd Governor vetoed legislation to eliminate Handgun registration for Pellet Pistols with rifled barrels.   In vetoing this legislation Snyder allows Government to treat Air Guns with rifled barrels as firearms.  Current law is unduly burdensome to residents and  hurts interstate commerce.

This legislation was passed with more than simple majorities but less than 2/3 for an Over ride by the legislature.[
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]

A cancer is growing on the constitution and the liberty of free men.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:48:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, if you go back and read his statements concerning the matter, the bill was incomplete in scope, and will be redone and given another shot.

Had this passed, the language would have been onerous and rife with conflicting language.

Don't get wound up yet. The bill will be back, and better law has a better chance of coming out of it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Snyder is a rabid anti gun, high tax piece of shit.

Everyone please vote no on his sales tax increase in May.

The reason he didn't sign it is bullshit, he just doesn't like firearms.

He is simply rabidly anti-gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't see how anyone can claim Snyder is anti-gun. We have seen the expansion of Class III ownership in every category under his watch. He could have easily vetoed any of those bills and the bulk of the voting public would have yawned.

People seem to forget that this progress was an impossibility just a few short years ago. Or, if you like, some people are never happy until they get everything they want without regarding the opinions and concerns of other people.  Politics is frustrating, time consuming and slow. I am very happy with the firearm rights progress that's been made over the past twenty years in Michigan. When I was a young man nobody outside of justice system employees and select business owners were allowed concealed carry. Even jewelers and bankers were limited to "while conducting business" only permits.

We've come a long way. But more importantly we have expanded and enlarged the firearm friendly community, bringing more voters and concerned citizens to our side. We vote, and every politician understands that alienating a large segment of the population that are honorable and trustworthy enough to pass through all the hoops required to get a CCW will have negative repercussions come election day.

We are growing in numbers and power, the enemies of individual liberty and personal responsibility are on the ropes. Can more progress be made? Probably, but most of the citizens are feeling more empowered than ever with no real threats to he 2nd Amendment looming on the horizon.

Come 2016 we'll rally to defeat Hillary or the Democrat's next jackass dejour'. The price of Liberty is eternal vigilance.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like 789 and 790 are approved :

SB 0789 of 2014APPROVED BY GOVERNOR 1/2/2015 @ 11:32 AM 2014 ADDENDA
Weapons; licensing; concealed pistol licensing boards; eliminate, and transfer duties to department of state police and county clerks. Amends secs. 1, 4, 5, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d, 5e, 5f, 5j, 5k, 5l, 5m & 8 of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.421 et seq.); adds sec. 5x & repeals sec. 6a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.426a).
---
SB 0790 of 2014APPROVED BY GOVERNOR 1/2/2015 @ 11:34 AM 2014 ADDENDA
Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; reference in sentencing guidelines; update. Amends sec. 11b, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.11b). TIE BAR WITH: SB 0789'14
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Weapons; licensing; concealed pistol licensing boards; eliminate, and transfer duties to department of state police and county clerks. Amends secs. 1, 4, 5, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d, 5e, 5f, 5j, 5k, 5l, 5m & 8 of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.421 et seq.); adds sec. 5x & repeals sec. 6a of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.426a).
---
Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; reference in sentencing guidelines; update. Amends sec. 11b, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.11b). TIE BAR WITH: SB 0789'14
View Quote

Glad to see those political boards gone.  I still disagree that county clerks should have anything to do with it.

Talk was transferring that to the sec. of state., however it looks like that didn't happen.  Guess it has to do with who gets the money.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

---
View Quote

I submitted my CPL application online about a week ago and will be seeing the county clerk on 1/5. I live in Macomb county which has a gun board appearance as part of the CPL acquisition process. Will the signing of this bill affect me, or will it take months to go into effect?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:03:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

NAH!!!

He's a Populist and knows how his bread is buttered.

He flat out stated that the Airgun revisions will be brought back up, and in a more encompassing bill that streamlines the Regs.

It's over on Mlive, complete with comments from the liberal Burbtards complaining about it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:49:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just prior to the New Year our Nerd Governor vetoed legislation to eliminate Handgun registration for Pellet Pistols with rifled barrels.   In vetoing this legislation Snyder allows Government to treat Air Guns with rifled barrels as firearms.  Current law is unduly burdensome to residents and  hurts interstate commerce.

This legislation was passed with more than simple majorities but less than 2/3 for an Over ride by the legislature.[
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:15:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

NAH!!!

He flat out stated that the Airgun revisions will be brought back up, and in a more encompassing bill that streamlines the Regs.

It's over on Mlive, complete with comments from the liberal Burbtards complaining about it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NAH!!!

I hope so guys, I hope so.

Plus, he did sign SB 789 so there is a glimmer of hope.

His veto of the repeal of pistol registration soured me to him BIG TIME.

And he did veto the Bills eliminating pellet, airsoft and BB guns from the definition of a firearm.  We'll see what his real reasons were fairly soon.  I've heard his reasons but am skeptical of him.

Time will tell I guess.

But he is still very anti-gun in my book.  Too many god damn vetoes from him.

I admit I am rabidly pro gun though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I submitted my CPL application online about a week ago and will be seeing the county clerk on 1/5. I live in Macomb county which has a gun board appearance as part of the CPL acquisition process. Will the signing of this bill affect me, or will it take months to go into effect?
View Quote

Getting rid of the gun boards doesn't go into effect until October 1.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess reading more then a headline is hard work

I would suggest to everyone to actually read the stories before rushing off to make posts spreading disinformation.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then why did he sign for SBRs?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Now all we need is shall sign for NFA..If  possessing NFA items is specifically authorized by statue then the CLEO should not have the power to stand in the way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#15]
He also needs to get rid of Handgun Registration
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:07:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I guess reading more then a headline is hard work

I would suggest to everyone to actually read the stories before rushing off to make posts spreading disinformation.
View Quote

THIS!

Watching all of you idiots babble with such a lack of information is amusing.

The reason Snyder vetoed the package of bills relating to reclassifying airguns is that not the entire package made it through the legislature before they ended their session for the year. The package had like 6 or 7 bills and each one of the bills updated a definition of firearm somewhere in the Michigan laws. However, only some (maybe 4?) of those 6 or 7 bills were passed by the legislature before Christmas. Snyder couldn't sign just those because that would leave differing definitions of firearm in the laws.

I'm sure the bills will be reintroduced in the next legislative session and I'm confident that they will pass the legislature and Snyder will sign them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Now all we need is shall sign for NFA..If  possessing NFA items is specifically authorized by statue then the CLEO should not have the power to stand in the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I agree. But changing laws takes time. Patience my friend.

Quoted:

You're new here. I strongly suggest that you check your fear mongering (mostly referring to your OP). Once you've done that, I suggest you actually read the article before you come on here and make a fool of yourself. This forum is for educated discussion, not just fear mongering and yelling like a child.

As for handgun registration, yes, that needs to be repealed as well. First however, we need a legislator to draft the bill and put it in front of the legislature. Maybe you should go speak with your legislators???
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:52:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You're new here. I strongly suggest that you check your fear mongering (mostly referring to your OP). Once you've done that, I suggest you actually read the article before you come on here and make a fool of yourself. This forum is for educated discussion, not just fear mongering and yelling like a child.

As for handgun registration, yes, that needs to be repealed as well. First however, we need a legislator to draft the bill and put it in front of the legislature. Maybe you should go speak with your legislators???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't waste your time with this guy.  Did you catch his very first post on ARFCOM?  A breathless pre-election excoriation of Snyder and essay on how electing Schauer wouldn't really be that bad if it meant we could teach the RINOs a lesson.  His posts read like attack articles you'd see in a tabloid.

He's a moby who thinks that if he sticks around here long enough he'll be able to spread FUD without arousing suspicion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#19]
So the Governor that legalized Short Barreled Rifles and Shotguns is anti-gun?  In my wildest second amendment wet dreams I never dared believe that possible.

AIRGUNs don't mean crap to the second amendment. These bills were designed to help airgun retailers sell more toys to you and I. (which is fine) There is ZERO 2A implications here. NONE

Don't waste your passion for the second amendment on this garbage that means nothing!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I cannot agree more with the poster above.  These bills, would make it easier to buy TOYS in the state.  It really has nothing to do with GUN laws, or the Second Amendment, as far as I am concerned.

Removing the CPL boards, was a good plus.  SBR/SBS was also Good.  Suppressors, again good.

The only failing I can note, is removing the pistol registration completely.

The only places left that I can think of, are another push to kill the pistol registration, and Shall Issues of NFA items.  Anything beyond that requires more imagination than I can muster.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I cannot agree more with the poster above.  These bills, would make it easier to buy TOYS in the state.  It really has nothing to do with GUN laws, or the Second Amendment, as far as I am concerned.

Removing the CPL boards, was a good plus.  SBR/SBS was also Good.  Suppressors, again good.

The only failing I can note, is removing the pistol registration completely.

The only places left that I can think of, are another push to kill the pistol registration, and Shall Issues of NFA items.  Anything beyond that requires more imagination than I can muster.
View Quote

I'd say updating the definition of firearm in MI does have something to do with gun laws. It would put yet another of our laws in-line with federal regulation, bringing us one step closer to agreeing completely with federal law.

Beyond the topics left that you mention, removing/reducing pistol free zones for CPL holders and removing/reducing the CPL application fee are both things to work toward.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#22]
From Freep.com: "The National Rifle Association and the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners issued news releases over the weekend praising Snyder for signing SB 789, based on an erroneous blog report and an error on the state website.

Contrary to some reports, Snyder has not signed the bill, spokeswoman Sara Wurfel said Monday. He just received the bill from the Legislature and is studying it, she said."

The senate website now says " PRESENTED TO GOVERNOR 1/2/2015 ".
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Any updates on this?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't see how anyone can claim Snyder is anti-gun. We have seen the expansion of Class III ownership in every category under his watch. He could have easily vetoed any of those bills and the bulk of the voting public would have yawned.

People seem to forget that this progress was an impossibility just a few short years ago. Or, if you like, some people are never happy until they get everything they want without regarding the opinions and concerns of other people.  Politics is frustrating, time consuming and slow. I am very happy with the firearm rights progress that's been made over the past twenty years in Michigan. When I was a young man nobody outside of justice system employees and select business owners were allowed concealed carry. Even jewelers and bankers were limited to "while conducting business" only permits.

Come 2016 we'll rally to defeat Hillary or the Democrat's next jackass dejour'. The price of Liberty is eternal vigilance.
View Quote

Snyder has failed to dismantle Handgun Registration i.e. confiscation lists ( just look at what Buffalo New York is doing) Snyder has failed us on enhanced carry.  Snyder will probably fail us on this latest round of handgun reform as well.

Snyder is certainly not what I would call a Pro Second Candidate.  Clearly there are better choices.  Further given his expansion of Medicaid, proposed scheme to increase Gas Taxes I think he is not exactly what one might call an ideal candidate

Couple that with all types of schemes he has promoted with respect to H1B H1L Immigration, The Bridge and Trade agreements and is there any wonder why so many people see this man as a promoter of our Economic Decline?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#25]
How many days does Snyder have to sign the bill before it's a pocket veto? I seem to recall 10 days for some reason, but not sure if that's right. If it is 10 days, that means he has to sign it tomorrow...or it's vetoed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is definitely needed to be next on the list.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#27]
SB789:  "VETOED BY GOVERNOR 01/15/2015"      Link

It sure is a good thing we didn't elect one of those treacherous anti-gun Democrats.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Predictably, Snyder is very good at "Screwing the Proverbial Pooch"  

If this is the kind of Corporate Elite, Screw the Middle Class, to the benefit of the Corporations at every turn, one must consider better options.

Some complain of my earlier posts prior to the last Gubernatorial Election but Snyder has his panties in a twist when it comes to the Gun Issue.

Part of the solution would be to change the way Michigan runs its Political Primaries.  Where there are multiple primary candidates running for a given office, there should be a run off election when the lead candidate gets less than 51 % of the vote.   If that had been the case Snyder would never have become the Republican candidate for Governor and we would have had a more Conservative Governor than the jerk we currently
have in office.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Predictably, Snyder is very good at "Screwing the Proverbially Pooch"  

If this is the kind of Corporate Elite, Screw the Middle Class, to the benefit of the Corporations at every turn, one must consider better options.

Some complain of my earlier posts prior to the last Gubernatorial Election but Snyder has his panties in a twist when it comes to the Gun Issue.

Part of the solution would be to change the way Michigan runs its Political Primaries.  Where there are multiple primary candidates running for a given office, there should be a run off election when the lead candidate gets less than 51 % of the vote.   If that had been the case Snyder would never have become the Republican candidate for Governor and we would have had a more Conservative Governor than the jerk we currently
have in office.
View Quote

Yet he did sign new tax language on taxing our internet purchases .

As for the political side of Snyder getting relected,  he didn't get relected by supporters, but rather by the fuckers who didn't vote.

Fuck that RINO and every ball licking legislator that has raised every tax, fee, and license that they can while giving corporate welfare to there political donors.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Nobody has challenged taxing internet and mail order purchases in court yet. The U.S. Constitution clearly prohibits any state from charging a tax or tariff on interstate commerce crossing state lines. Taxes on goods purchased from out-of-state vendors coming into our state clearly qualifies as a violation in principle and in the spirit of the clearly defined Constitutional Ban on such state tax overreach.

We are only one of dozens of state governments trying to tax goods ordered via phone, mail or the internet. One of their arguments, sometimes promoted by local business interests. is that it harms "brick and mortar" establishments in our state because the customer automatically saves 6 percent (in MI. not counting shipping costs) when buying online. The government has been happy to oblige the Chamber of Commerce crowd because it offers an additional state income stream with no government outlays. It also makes local business owners happy.

The brick and mortar establishment argument is a ruse. It hides the truth that the "brick and mortar" is simply located in another state. It also, if taken to a national policy, will require every business to collect taxes for any individual it sells goods to. This means complying with 50 different ever changing tax rates and the paperwork alone will be onerous. The fuel taxes, payroll taxes, and sales taxes paid by delivery personnel will be reduced, but nowhere near the gains made by the government at 6% received for nothing being spent.

Please, all you lawyers out there, head our cry! The Supreme Court needs to at least hear the argument.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:49:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, the fucker went back on his word.

It's getting hard to argue with the Libtards about Tax and spend Rick, the closet Progressive Liberal.

I was disgusted with the GOP previously, now it's gotten to the same point as my genuine hate for the Dems.
Progressives of any stripe or name, can eat the corn outta my septic tank.

Looks like the Dems will take the next election easily.
I, and no doubt a shitload of others, am done with the GOP period, and at every level.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It sure is a good thing we didn't elect one of those treacherous anti-gun Democrats.
View Quote

Yup, more vetoes from anti gun Snyder.

Just like I suspected.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Late last year I took a lot of shit from other members from a number of dyed in the wool GOP type members after asking them to consider voting for the Libertarian team of Mary Buzuma and Scott Bowman in the wake of Snyders previous actions.  Snyders actions included killing legislation being offered to kill handgun registration, Vetoe of Enhanced Carry along with others.

The dyed in the Wool Types would say a vote for Libertarians is  a vote for the Democrats.

Snyder won by approximately 5% of the vote and now feels he has a free hand to consistently Veto NRA backed legislation for a myriad of feeble excuses.  PPOs are so easy to get after someone raises their voice or yells and is a common tactic in Divorce Cases. Divorce Attorneys who secure a PPO against their clients spouse have scored a tactival advantage particularly with respect to real property division.  The NRA backed CPL reform would have likely stopped some of  that abuse

Snyder is an ANTI GUN RINO. So unless he back tracks eliminates handgun registration, pushes for Enhanced Carry, along with other NRA inspired reforms I think he's a candidate fit for retirement.  Under his tenure at Gateway Shareholders lost everything, 18,000 US workers jobs were offshored and good old Tough Nerd Rick walked away with a 14 Million dollar Golden Parachute.   Such a history that man has and only won the Republican Primary because the Conservative field was crowded.

We need to ask our legislators to change our Primary System to require that Primary Candidates who receive less than 50% of the vote to face a run-off election to ensure the Best Candidate Wins not a RINO like Snyder.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well, the fucker went back on his word.

It's getting hard to argue with the Libtards about Tax and spend Rick, the closet Progressive Liberal.

I was disgusted with the GOP previously, now it's gotten to the same point as my genuine hate for the Dems.
Progressives of any stripe or name, can eat the corn outta my septic tank.

Looks like the Dems will take the next election easily.
I, and no doubt a shitload of others, am done with the GOP period, and at every level.

View Quote

Funded by bloomberg should have been a clue. He's only a Republican when it comes to buisness interests.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#35]
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/15/michigan-governor-bucks-nra-stands-with-gabby-giffords/

On January 15—just over two months after winning a gubernatorial re-election with the NRA’s endorsement—Michigan Governor Rick Snyder (R) bucked the NRA and stood with Gabby Giffords in opposing a bill which would have “revised” his state’s concealed carry law.

The bill at hand—SB 789—was intended to correct discrepancies in the state’s concealed carry law, but it drew the ire of anti-gun groups because it did not lump people who had been the subject of a “temporary personal protective order” together with persons banned from gun possession. The bill recognized that, in instances of temporary orders, the right to keep and bear arms remained unless the judge in the case ruled otherwise.

According to the Huffington Post, Gabby Giffords sent Snyder a letter this week asking him to veto the legislation. Painting with the broad brush of domestic violence terminology, Giffords wrote: “Domestic violence and access to firearms are a lethal combination, and this policy undermines the safety of American women.”

The NRA intervened, explaining that SB 789 does not give concealed carry permits to a person who is a “domestic-abuser or has been charged or convicted as such.” They made clear that “numerous media outlets and anti-gun organizations” were making a “false assertion.”

But Governor Snyder bucked the NRA and stood with Giffords.
View Quote

Michigan primaries are open primaries.  Snyder was on the republican ticket because democrats crossed party lines in the primary.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We need to ask our legislators to change our Primary System to require that Primary Candidates who receive less than 50% of the vote to face a run-off election to ensure the Best Candidate Wins not a RINO like Snyder.
View Quote

Do away with Michigan's open primary.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:21:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Get a petition going. People will sign and support it...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Backlash against the GOP from the Union Dems, and hardcore Marxists in the south east corner, along with a drive to legalize pot, means the next Governor WILL be a Far left Dem like Benero.

This is a reality. Put pot on the ballot, along with the presidential election and the GOP will get hammered in turnout...especially if Romney, Bush or that fat POS from Jersey is on the ballot.

Changing the primary system to allow a third option WOULD get lots of traction, and is the only REAL chance to avoid a Rabidly anti-gun Marxist Governor at this point.

There have been some real solid candidates shut out over the last 16 years, simply because of the system, and the $$$$ flowing in from out of state.

Our Rep is pretty accessable to Ag, and I plan on putting a bug in his ear. He's one of us, so I imagine this latest insult isn't sitting well with him either.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The Backlash against the GOP from the Union Dems, and hardcore Marxists in the south east corner, along with a drive to legalize pot, means the next Governor WILL be a Far left Dem like Benero.

This is a reality. Put pot on the ballot, along with the presidential election and the GOP will get hammered in turnout...especially if Romney, Bush or that fat POS from Jersey is on the ballot.

Changing the primary system to allow a third option WOULD get lots of traction, and is the only REAL chance to avoid a Rabidly anti-gun Marxist Governor at this point.

There have been some real solid candidates shut out over the last 16 years, simply because of the system, and the $$$$ flowing in from out of state.

Our Rep is pretty accessable to Ag, and I plan on putting a bug in his ear. He's one of us, so I imagine this latest insult isn't sitting well with him either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I am trying to get him to do something constructive, like get off his ass and start a petition to get this going, instead of bitching on an internet forum. I would love to have the guy come to a future meet at Nikola's, though as it stands right now, I would highly encourage him to wear a crotch cup...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:59:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Has Rick Snyder ever been a Registered Democrat?      Who is to say Democrats may not seek to register as a Republican prior to an election and with primary candidates know.

A run off election offers the best solution when the top candidate receives less than 50 percent of the vote.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Has Rick Snyder ever been a Registered Democrat?      Who is to say Democrats may not seek to register as a Republican prior to an election and with primary candidates know.

A run off election offers the best solution when the top candidate receives less than 50 percent of the vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Voters in Michigan don't register by party.

Candidates can get away with registering in what ever party they want to within so many days of a primary election as far as I know.  Some years ago in 1st district a former democrat got on the ballot as a republican and lost by about 11 votes for the congressional representative race in the primary.

Look at Florida where Charlie Crist has run as a Republican, Independent and a Democrat.

No evidence that Snyder was ever a Democrat but you don't register by party in the state of Michigan.

Snyder appointed Andy Dillon, a pro-life Democrat, and formerly Speaker of the House, to serve as State Treasurer in his administration.

He is republican leaning on some things, left wing liberal on others.  A RINO.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you started that petition yet? I want to sign it. Let me know...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#43]
For what it's worth,  Snyder allowed me to move back to MI with all of my toys.  

For being talked about as such a liberal hippie haven,  Oregon has much better gun laws than Michigan, with the exception of carry permits.  Zero reciprocity here and my in state permit is valid in very few places.

I just hope that everything will be good to go soon.  I've got way too many pistols to register when I get back home.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/15/michigan-governor-bucks-nra-stands-with-gabby-giffords/

Michigan primaries are open primaries.  Snyder was on the republican ticket because democrats crossed party lines in the primary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The bill at hand—SB 789—was intended to correct discrepancies in the state’s concealed carry law, but it drew the ire of anti-gun groups because it did not lump people who had been the subject of a “temporary personal protective order” together with persons banned from gun possession. The bill recognized that, in instances of temporary orders, the right to keep and bear arms remained unless the judge in the case ruled otherwise.

According to the Huffington Post, Gabby Giffords sent Snyder a letter this week asking him to veto the legislation. Painting with the broad brush of domestic violence terminology, Giffords wrote: “Domestic violence and access to firearms are a lethal combination, and this policy undermines the safety of American women.”

The NRA intervened, explaining that SB 789 does not give concealed carry permits to a person who is a “domestic-abuser or has been charged or convicted as such.” They made clear that “numerous media outlets and anti-gun organizations” were making a “false assertion.”

Snyder won the primary because he was the sole  "Moderate republican"  with  the Conservative Vote being split among three Conservative candidates.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Snyder won the primary because he was the sole  "Moderate republican"  with  the Conservative Vote being split among three Conservative candidates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would still like to sign your petition to get legislation introduced to correct these issues. Please let me know where I can find it, or I can meet up with you somewhere to sign it. Unless of course, you really are just trolling here, which is a total douche bag move...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Snyder emerged from a crowded 2010 primary due, in part, to crossover voters he actively courted.

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2014/07/democratic_governor_candidate.html

In the wake of last week’s Michigan Republican gubernatorial primary, there was an even stronger conviction than in Alabama that Rick Synder’s victory was attributable in no small part to Democratic voters, partly because his campaign deliberately encouraged crossover votes. Some of Snyder’s best counties, moreover, were by tradition strongly Democratic. Finally, turnout was nearly twice as high in the Republican as in the Democratic gubernatorial primary, which is an odd occurrence in a state that hasn’t gone Republican in a presidential race since 1988.

Snyder campaign appeals for democrat crossover voters in primary.

The Rick Snyder for Governor campaign today appealed directly to independents and Democrats to vote in the GOP primary Aug. 3, laying bare what has been a quiet strategy from the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Well when the Vote among Conservatives is Split Three ways what exactly did you think would happen?  

Even with Cross over Mr. Snyder still got less than 50% of the VOTE
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:23:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well when the Vote among Conservatives is Split Three ways what exactly did you think would happen?  

Even with Cross over Mr. Snyder still got less than 50% of the VOTE
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:54:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not dead yet.

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/01/michigan_senate_to_move_quickl.html

"Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof, R-West Olive, said Tuesday that the chamber plans to “move pretty quickly” on revised legislation after Gov. Rick Snyder vetoed a previous version earlier this month.

Sen. Mike Green, R-Mayville, introduced a new bill on Tuesday morning and the measure was quickly added to the agenda for an afternoon meeting of the Senate Judiciary Committee."
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Moving Fast

The new bill was introduced on the 27th and in three days it was in and out of judiciary, in and out of the comm. of the whole and on its third reading in the senate.  

Id say S-1 is moving fast http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(jesgla55zkysmqjk3hxo3cmi))/documents/2015-2016/billcurrentversion/Senate/PDF/2015-SCVBS-0034-506.PDF

Snyder will get a second chance.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top