Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Tigers relief pitcher Bruce Rondon  sent home by the Tigers because of lack of effort according to manager Brad Ausmus,

It's not entirely clear if Rondon will be back this season.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tigers relief pitcher Bruce Rondon  sent home by the Tigers because of lack of effort according to manager Brad Ausmus,
It's not entirely clear if Rondon will be back this season.
View Quote

Mlive is reporting that he will not be back this season.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Rajai walks them off in the 10th
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Rajai walks them off in the 10th
View Quote
Nice play!

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Any thoughts about next season? I know we haven't even got to drafting players yet or anything.

However, I think the Tigers WILL be in the World Series hunt next year after some good offseason moves and getting a good manager
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Any thoughts about next season? I know we haven't even got to drafting players yet or anything.

However, I think the Tigers WILL be in the World Series hunt next year after some good offseason moves and getting a good manager

View Quote
It's going to depend on the offseason moves, but they have a shitload of young pitching talent.

I think that Wilson, Hardy and Ver Hagen are locks for the bullpen next season. There is going to be a contest for a rookie starter slot in the rotation. That will probably between Norris (favorite), Boyd, Shane Green and Lobstein. If the three losers do well, then I would put them all in the bullpen. That would make the pen consist of; Wilson, Hardy, Ver Hagen, Boyd, Green and Lobstein and leave one slot open. Plus you can have Fulmer, Farmer and Kyle Ryan in Toledo as backup spot starters.

They will need at least two starting pitchers to add to a rotation of Verlander, Sanchez and (probably) Norris. I would shop Iggy for a pitcher. My dream deal would be Iggy for Shields and then use Machado at short (more on that later). Then you have to sign someone. Alphabet would be my first choice. He can eat innings, throw up a good start and you know he can pitch at Comerica Park.

Now, the lineup has been hurt by three things:

1. VMart playing hurt most of the season.

2. Miggy being hurt

3. Double plays.

If VMart can stay healthy during the offseason, then I think missing the playoffs is going to help ALL of the veterans. Miggy, JV, Vmart are all going to get an extra month of rest. That's huge!

But, here is what I'd do:

1. Re-sign Rajai and platoon him in Left Field with Tyler Collins.

2. Put Machado at SS (if you can trade Iggy for a good starter) and platoon Romine at SS and 3B.

Now your line up is:

Gose CF

Kinsler 2B

Miggy 1B/DH

VMart DH/1B

JDMart RF

Castellanos 3B

McCann C (backup Holladay)

Machado/Romine SS

Davis/Collins LF

That's what I would do.

The only thing left would be a 7th man for the bullpen. You can take a flyer on bringing back Feliz for cheap, or see if you can get someone else cheap, and if they fuck up then make a trade or promote someone from Toledo.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[snip]
View Quote

I agree 100%.  

Seriously, every detail.  It's almost scary.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I agree 100%.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

[snip]

I agree 100%.  

Great minds think like me!

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Ausmus will continue as Tigers Manager in 2016.

And I was supposed to be at the game today,but shit happens.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ausmus will continue as Tigers Manager in 2016.

And I was supposed to be at the game today,but shit happens.

View Quote

I would rather have Ausmus than Gardenhire or Acta. I know Brad isn't popular, but I don't know that this situation is his fault. First off, they had a lot of people who didn't deliver. Simon, Green, Sanchez and Joba all shit the bed, and that's not Brad's fault. VMart, JV, Miggy  and Lobstein were hurt, and that wasn't Brad's fault either. Plus, they dealt three top players in Price, Soriano and Cespedes...which wasn't Brad's fault either.

I have wondered...if the Tigers stood pat at the deadline, with JV pitching the way he is, Price pitching the way he is, kept Cespedes and moved Ver Hagen to the pen, then would they be in the wild card instead of Minnesota? My guess is that Houston would be chasing us and we would be headed to the Wild Card game with New York.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

GOD DAMNIT!

Throw my early post right out the window now.
View All Quotes

Then ASSmess left Norris in for 54 pitches in the 1st inning last night. Gibby was saying he needed to be taken out at around 32 pitches.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Then ASSmess left Norris in for 54 pitches in the 1st inning last night. Gibby was saying he needed to be taken out at around 32 pitches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Local sports radio stations have been KILLING the Tigers front office on keeping this guy in as manager, and today they were really pissed off.

One show stated that EVERYONE in TV baseball experts, who have NO vested interest in how the Tigers do. Have been also killing Ausmus for his handling of the pitcher last game.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
  Local sports radio stations have been KILLING the Tigers front office on keeping this guy in as manager, and today they were really pissed off.

One show stated that EVERYONE in TV baseball experts, who have NO vested interest in how the Tigers do. Have been also killing Ausmus for his handling of the pitcher last game.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In all fairness, many of these "experts" picked Cleveland to win the World Series, swore that Minnesota, Texas and the Mets would finish last and guaranteed that the Nationals would win the Pennant. I would like to know which experts they are talking about. The assholes on ESPN? MLB Network isn't paying ANY attention to ANY team that is more than a game out of the race, and today they spent the whole day showing Pirates vs. Cards (fuck the Cardinals) and Twins vs. Indians games. I NEVER watch ESPN, unless the Tigers are unlucky enough to be on Sunday Night Baseball, and even then I mute the TV.

Jim Price was saying today during the game that just letting Norris go back out there for the second inning was a confidence booster for Norris, showing a young pitcher that you have faith in him to go out and start another inning. Besides, Norris is fine. I don't fault Ausmus for letting Norris go out for another inning. In fact, I think it is one of the more ridiculous complaints against Ausmus, and I'm not an Ausmus fan.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In all fairness, many of these "experts" picked Cleveland to win the World Series, swore that Minnesota, Texas and the Mets would finish last and guaranteed that the Nationals would win the Pennant. I would like to know which experts they are talking about. The assholes on ESPN? MLB Network isn't paying ANY attention to ANY team that is more than a game out of the race, and today they spent the whole day showing Pirates vs. Cards (fuck the Cardinals) and Twins vs. Indians games. I NEVER watch ESPN, unless the Tigers are unlucky enough to be on Sunday Night Baseball, and even then I mute the TV.

Jim Price was saying today during the game that just letting Norris go back out there for the second inning was a confidence booster for Norris, showing a young pitcher that you have faith in him to go out and start another inning. Besides, Norris is fine. I don't fault Ausmus for letting Norris go out for another inning. In fact, I think it is one of the more ridiculous complaints against Ausmus, and I'm not an Ausmus fan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I not even concerned about Norris going out for a second inning, I was amazed AssMess let him stay in for 54 pitches in the 1st inning.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And can have the complete opposite effect. Leaving a FNG pitcher in whose getting his ass handed to him by major league hitters is a good way to shatter his confidence, and once his confidence is gone. He's a broken player, because in baseball you cannot play a game with such little room for error that when your confidence is gone you will not play well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#18]
A2jr may be putting on the gear for the last time tonight. Being a free agent with a carrer low BA. I bet he won't be in real high demand.

Unless a change of scenery is what he needs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

A2jr may be putting on the gear for the last time tonight. Being a free agent with a carrer low BA. I bet he won't be in real high demand.

Unless a change of scenery is what he needs.
View Quote

Brad wanted to give Alex and Justin one last game as battery mates.

He'll be someone's backup catcher next year.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#20]
He would do well mentoring a younger catching coming up
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, at least the finished with a win.

As bad as this season has been, I am going to miss Tigers baseball.

Now it's a wait until the World Series is over and then the hot stove begins.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#22]
And Miggy got the AL batting!
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#23]
The Tigers announced today that pitching coach Jeff Jones has informed the club of his retirement, capping 38-year career in pro baseball.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Daniel Norris is having surgery to for thyroid cancer.

They're saying he's expected to make a full recovery and be in spring training.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Tiger Castoffs-
David Price- Bombed out of playoffs without a win

Joenis Cespedes- Didn't exactly burn up the bases or field well.after 9/15/15  Looked lackadaisical. Maybe the Tiger knew something.

They got the $$$$ to buy,buy.buy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Tiger Castoffs-

David Price- Bombed out of playoffs without a win

Joenis Cespedes- Didn't exactly burn up the bases or field well.after 9/15/15  Looked lackadaisical. Maybe the Tiger knew something.

They got the $$$$ to buy,buy.buy.
View Quote

If they make the right moves, they'll be a contender for sure. But they'll be spending every damn dime they have leftover if they do, because DD sucked the well dry for trading prospects.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#27]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_39/590776_.html&page=1

Time to put the 2015 season to bed...FINALLY!
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#28]
We got rid of Lobstein.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_39/590776_.html&page=1

Time to put the 2015 season to bed...FINALLY!
View Quote

Go here
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Boyd pitched a winner.  Tigers Win 9-2 against the Florida Marlins.
Page / 19
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top