Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2014 2:23:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#1]
What about the two wolf proposals we wanted to pass?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
It failed.    But the local news reported a hunting season had already been signed into law, going into effect in March.   Not sure whats up with that....
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Michigan sucked it big time with Peterpuffer and the wolf initiative.
It has gotten better than in the past but we still need to change some idiots around here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Who is we?

Not everyone cares about blasting wolves
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually that vote was a moot point, there was already a law passed that give the DNR the right to set which species to hunt and set seasons.  

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Who is we?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is we?

This is actually funny coming from someone that list Assassin of small creatures on his avatar.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Who is we?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is we?

We is the freedom loving Michiganders.

I have no desire to kill a wolf. That being said, I believe it is our right and part of our heritage to hunt. I would rather have a wolf season so the herd could be regulated and properly managed rather than poached.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't pass thankfully, I voted no on them on the basis they wanted to create more government out of it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Who is we?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is we?

It's not about blasting wolves, it's about proper wildlife management and conservation, I have zero interest in wolf hunting or assassinating small creatures I knew both proposals were DOA but I did vote yes on both... but hey, 6 municipalities did free the weed, including the one I live in, I'm sure my motorcycling adventures will be even more fun now, dodging all the college drunks was getting boring...

typo edit... doh!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Who is we?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is we?

These Bleeding Heart Liberal Assholes will care a lot when their little toilet brush dogs turn into a red spot  in the snow with a few tufts of fur. When people start to go missing in state parks due to wolves, these idiots will still want the DNR to 'kill them humanely', or 'relocate' them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

These Bleeding Heart Liberal Assholes will care a lot when their little toilet brush dogs turn into a red spot  in the snow with a few tufts of fur. When people start to go missing in state parks due to wolves, these idiots will still want the DNR to 'kill them humanely', or 'relocate' them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is we?

We can do that and make the DNR money !
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Lets start a ballot proposal to have wolves in every state game area.
We need some wolves in the lower peninsula.
Skin in the game so to speak.
Think the voters would still want to protect the wolves if they're roaming around school bus stops in large packs?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Who is we?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is we?

It would do well for you to remember that most of the hunters don't care about your "assault rifles" either.    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is actually funny coming from someone that list Assassin of small creatures on his avatar.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is we?

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It would do well for you to remember that most of the hunters don't care about your "assault rifles" either.    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is we?

Agreed

However I have never, and I mean never, Heard a good reason as to why we should kill wolfs. Maybe in a state with a very high population. But michigan? I don't buy the whole fear mongering about how they are going to kill everything.

With that said my mind is open to a honest explanation.  I do kill bugs and rodents for a living, but I have a good reason..
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Agreed

However I have never, and I mean never, Heard a good reason as to why we should kill wolfs. Maybe in a state with a very high population. But michigan? I don't buy the whole fear mongering about how they are going to kill everything.

With that said my mind is open to a honest explanation.  I do kill bugs and rodents for a living, but I have a good reason..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is we?

Agreed

Stay a week or two in the middle of the up and then get back to me. I don't like to kill things, just because...but when a pack is less than thirty yards from me and sending a scout out....fk them. Try to out run them...

ETA: not many creatures in this continent that are hardwired to prey on ANYTHING that moves. I'll take a bear or coyotes any day over a wolf or pack. And when you see A wolf...you should be more concerned with the rest that you don't see.

ETA2: to further clarify....i am in no way saying we should blast them. On the same coin, I should have the option of addressing any issues without fear of me going to jail over it. I have not killed any, but I will tell you the discharge of a firearm is not going to make them change their mind, however five rounds in rapid succession seems to work. Keep in mind that they learn and adapt.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Stay a week or two in the middle of the up and then get back to me. I don't like to kill things, just because...but when a pack is less than thirty yards from me and sending a scout out....fk them. Try to out run them...

ETA: not many creatures in this continent that are hardwired to prey on ANYTHING that moves. I'll take a bear or coyotes any day over a wolf or pack. And when you see A wolf...you should be more concerned with the rest that you don't see.

ETA2: to further clarify....i am in no way saying we should blast them. On the same coin, I should have the option of addressing any issues without fear of me going to jail over it. I have not killed any, but I will tell you the discharge of a firearm is not going to make them change their mind, however five rounds in rapid succession seems to work. Keep in mind that they learn and adapt.
View Quote

ETA I suppose hunting to keep the population in check would make sense.. How many wolfs do the DNR think are in michigan I wonder?

Is it often that humans get stalked by a pack? I have a customer who has seen one take out a deer along the south end of the upper peninsula, So I am aware they are at least to the bridge..
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Why would you be jailed over protecting yourself from a wolf? I though that was pretty widely accepted?
View Quote

Would you like to explain to the DNR or animal rights groups why you shot on of their babies ?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Would you like to explain to the DNR or animal rights groups why you shot on of their babies ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Why would you be jailed over protecting yourself from a wolf? I though that was pretty widely accepted?

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Actually that vote was a moot point, there was already a law passed that give the DNR the right to set which species to hunt and set seasons.  

View Quote

Heh.  Doves?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Agreed

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is we?

Agreed

Come to the other peninsula and see.  I have not seen a wolf, but have seen tracks, have been walking my dog (65 lb chocolate lab) around the campground and watched her put her tail between her legs and slink back to camp after sniffing the wolf tracks, know people who caught them in their traps set for coyotes, know people who regularly see them.  They are here, in large enough numbers, to need a season to both keep their numbers in check and ensure they fear humans.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Come to the other peninsula and see.  I have not seen a wolf, but have seen tracks, have been walking my dog (65 lb chocolate lab) around the campground and watched her put her tail between her legs and slink back to camp after sniffing the wolf tracks, know people who caught them in their traps set for coyotes, know people who regularly see them.  They are here, in large enough numbers, to need a season to both keep their numbers in check and ensure they fear humans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is we?

Agreed

The wolf hunt last year was only in 3 areas of the UP.  The Ironwood area hunt was because there are wolves actually following deer into Ironwood and walking around.  The area by the Keweenaw was because there are a few farmers whose herds are being devastated and the area on the east end is due to predation on peoples dogs and pets.  The hunt last year was no where near enough to even reduce the population drastically.  When predator populations start to interfere with humans then they need to be managed.    

But all this is moot because the citizen led initiative that was passed in the legislature trumped the proposals.  It goes into effect in March 2015.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ETA I suppose hunting to keep the population in check would make sense.. How many wolfs do the DNR think are in michigan I wonder?

Is it often that humans get stalked by a pack? I have a customer who has seen one take out a deer along the south end of the upper peninsula, So I am aware they are at least to the bridge..
View Quote

Over 600 wolves in the UP according to DNR.

There have been wolves hit by cars in the LP.  The DNR reported a breeding pair with pups in Cheboygan county a few years ago.  Now they say there are none.

But who really believes the DNR on any thing they say.  The claimed there were no mountain lions in Michigan.  But the changed their tune on that and even prosecuted two or three people for poaching one in the UP.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There have been wolves hit by cars in the LP.  The DNR reported a breeding pair with pups in Cheboygan county a few years ago.  Now they say there are none.

But who really believes the DNR on any thing they say.  The claimed there were no mountain lions in Michigan.  But the changed their tune on that and even prosecuted two or three people for poaching one in the UP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wolves the dnr collared in Cheboygan County ended up being coyotes genetically with a distant gene to an eastern wolf not the gray wolves in Michigan.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I hear all Eastern Coyotes are a cross between Coyote and Wolf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top