Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 12:08:31 PM EDT
Hypothetically speaking if one were to purchase a handgun in, let's say Ohio, while a resident of Ohio, what does one need to do to make that pistola kosher in the great state of Michigan now that said person is a resident of the aforementioned mitten state?

Just wondering if transfers between ffls are needed or if a simple visit to the local PD can take care of I.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought most of my pistols while living in Arizona.  Moved back to Michigan, went to local police station, talked to secretary and told her how many pistols I had.  She told me to come back in an hour and she would have a stack of signed purchase permits for me to fill out at home and bring back. The cards had to be notarized which was done by bank branch manager where I do my banking.

This was all done prior to any law changes in the last few years (2009).  No FFL transfers were required for bringing your owned firearms from another state.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks for the reply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top