Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2014 1:18:49 PM EDT
I asked this in GD but didn't get any info.  I'm going to be taking a class in the near future and had a few questions:

1) does having your license allow you to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in a vehicle or just a pistol?

2) I've heard that there are classes you can take above and beyond the standard that allows you to carry basically everywhere...any truth to that?

3) Can you get in trouble (while carrying concealed in public) if you expose the weapon when bending over to tie a shoe for instance.

Any suggestions on where to take the class in the Macomb County area?

Thank you,
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
1.  No

2.  Nope.  There was some talk about it, and a bill that got shot down just after Sandy Hook.

3.  No, since OC is gtg.  Might get you a hairy eyeball, though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I asked this in GD but didn't get any info.  I'm going to be taking a class in the near future and had a few questions:

1) does having your license allow you to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in a vehicle or just a pistol?

2) I've heard that there are classes you can take above and beyond the standard that allows you to carry basically everywhere...any truth to that?

3) Can you get in trouble (while carrying concealed in public) if you expose the weapon when bending over to tie a shoe for instance.

Thank you,
View Quote

North Macomb Sportsman's Club in Romeo hosts one every month. Also Close Quarters Tactical in Shelby Twp.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

North Macomb Sportsman's Club in Romeo hosts one every month. Also Close Quarters Tactical in Shelby Twp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you,

I took my CPL class at Close Quarters Tactical (CQT). I like to shoot there every so often too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

1.  No

2.  Nope.  There was some talk about it, and a bill that got shot down just after Sandy Hook.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you,

1.  No

mi650 is correct.

1. You may only carry a loaded pistol in your vehicle. Long guns must be unloaded and either cased, taken down, in the trunk, etc.

2. The training for the pistol free zone exemptions was part of a bill that passed the legislature, but it came at the worst time. It landed on Snyder's desk a day or two before Sandy Hook and he vetoed it the day of.

3. OC is not illegal in MI, therefore it is legal. You cannot get in trouble for printing assuming you're not in a pistol free zone or on private property that bans weapons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top