Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2014 4:35:06 PM EDT
I spent the time doing the online course, paid the fee and got my certificate.  The instructor I found for a field day doesn't accept it and requires attendance for both days.

Is this allowable?  I would think being state sponsored they would be required to accept the certificate as an official document.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I would find a different instructor. I went the online route when I did it. Just showed up with my dad on test day and took it. Although that was close to 10 years ago, I'd think you should still be able to do it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would find a different instructor. I went the online route when I did it. Just showed up with my dad on test day and took it. Although that was close to 10 years ago, I'd think you should still be able to do it.
View Quote
I waited to long so I'm stuck with this one if I want to bow hunt.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#3]
That sucks. Looks like I would just stick with him and complete the course.  Not much you can do if wanting to hunt this year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Tear him a new ass in front of the students at the end of the class.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Tear him a new ass in front of the students at the end of the class.
View Quote
Dnr said the instructor is liable for who they pass so its his choice.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
No Jonny, it's your choice.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Do you have anything to back that up?  I can't show up on day two and say he should pass me because some guy on the internet told me he has to.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do you have anything to back that up?  I can't show up on day two and say he should pass me because some guy on the internet told me he has to.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not tell you to show up on day two. I told you to light him up at the end of the class. As in, like most classes, the instructor wants feedback on the class, take whatever documentation you can find to support your claim, and show him and the class he's wrong, and thank him for wasting your time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I did not tell you to show up on day two. I told you to light him up at the end of the class. As in, like most classes, the instructor wants feedback on the class, take whatever documentation you can find to support your claim, and show him and the class he's wrong, and thank him for wasting your time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doing the math, gov requires 10 hours of class on field day.  With break and lunch, it will be 12 hours total

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top