Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2014 3:10:28 PM EDT
Click the image to be taken to the Facebook event page.

The 2015 Second Amendment March is being scheduled already!  Front lawn of the Capital building has been secured.

I know it's way in advance, but that's a good thing!
This is being posted in such advance that we should ALL be able to get the day off work, find a sitter, whatever you need to do to be there.

Keep up with the facebook event page for updates.

This is on a Wednesday.  Because I know it's going to come up, this isn't on a Saturday because NO ONE is there on Saturday!
We want to be seen!  We want you to be able to stop by your representative's offices and talk with them.

See you there!

Here are photos from last years event (Click pic for more pictures)
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My son says he wants to be there with me. There's two people right there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Photo link is not working.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Calendar marked
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome!  Look forward to seeing you guys there.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Photo link is not working.
View Quote

Hmm.  Thanks for the heads up.  Not sure what happened.  Original should be working now.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151381232011705.1073741826.66080286704&type=3
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#5]
You should have made the tittle something about the tigers or lions...the post would get more hits.

People are more interested in millionaires playing kids games then their own freedom.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Like I said...crickets.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should have made the tittle something about the tigers or lions...the post would get more hits.

People are more interested in millionaires playing kids games then their own freedom.
View Quote

Is this affiliated in any way with that group out of Dearborn?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Will do my very best to attend, but it is difficult to anticipate my schedule that far in advance. I definitely do want to make it out though.

I recently became an EPL Member of the NRA and my wife purchased a year membership for the first time. We both belong to our local gun club as well.  I hope to do a lot more to support the Second Amendment and advance the cause of liberty beyond that though and I'm very, VERY grateful to all of you who have been working so hard to do so for so long now.

So much has already been accomplished, but there are a lot of things left to do.  We still have a very restrictive list of so called "gun free zones" that put law abiding CPL holders at great disadvantage to criminals and expose them unnecessarily to civil infractions and with subsequent offenses criminal liability.  That's just not right, it makes no sense, and we change that.  Also, firing ranges are increasingly coming under assault by zoning boards driven by nuisance complaints from neighbors or the "not in my backyard" folks when a new is attempted to be established.  We need strong State laws protecting our ranges both in terms of zoning and civil liabilities.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
It would be a very good idea to approach various gun shops in the Lansing Area a few weeks prior to the event and ask them to post fliers and feature the event on their social media sites. It would also be good to do so with various gun clubs/ranges in the area.  I'm sure that's been considered already, but thought I'd mention it. Veteran organizations would also be a good place to reach out to as well.

Maybe we could come up with a few topics that we think we can advance during the 2015 legislative session?  Creates creative slogans around those topics and put up some neat templates for signs people could carry at the event.  Are press releases submitted to the local news agencies as well?  

The 29th is a good date. Both the Senate and House Reps should be in Lansing.  I can't seem to bring up the Facebook page right now, but will there be guess speakers? Attorney General Bill Schuette would be a great guest speaker and I think we could see him as future Governor so food for thought there. Perhaps we could do some social media event as well during it for those who cannot attend to increase exposure? Stream the event and invite comments.  

I'd really love to see the gun free zones revisited in 2015.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top