Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/20/2014 10:40:43 PM EDT
I can't believe it's been almost a year since the last Gun Show.  I really wanted to do this every 6 months but have just been really busy.

Sept 27 - BOOM  Noon to 4.

Nikola's Restaurant
25225 Telegraph just north of 10 Mile
Southfield

For those that have never attended, what we do is close down one side of the restaurant and turn it into a show and tell with GUNS!  Come and meet fellow arfcommers while you stuff your face.

Bring in cased guns.  Go to the new dining room and someone will assist you to safety-check and put a drinking straw in the chamber.

SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY ! ! ! Observe all gun safety rules!

ADDED:

Mission Critical Firearms will be at Nikola's for the Gun Show.

Ed Pireh, owner of MCF will be at Nikola's with business partner Dan Zaremba to share some information on the training courses and services provided by Mission Critical Firearms. We are bringing some machine guns for display as well as some suppressors. There will be some suppressors and ammunition for sale.

Mission Critical Firearms, LLC is an authorized FNH, Colt, HK, Remington and Barrett Law Enforcement and Military distributor. Contact us for a quote on these firearms including dealer sample machine guns.

Get your NFA trust from us for only $225 and get an additional 10% off your NFA purchase every time you use our trust!

www.missioncriticalfirearms.com
www.facebook.com/MissionCriticalFirearms
Office # (586) 232-5185

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just thinking about posting another "it's time for another get together" thread.

I think the 27th would be better.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I look forward to either date!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny, I have been thinking about a Nikola's get together since last week when a guy at the pit mentioned it.

I've been kicking around the idea of having some vendor support/giveaways if Borat were cool with it but I haven't gotten around to discussing it with him. If that's something that would be interesting to you guys I would put the time in contacting companies but 9/27 is kind of tight for timing.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Dave - I'm up for anything.  Let me know if you need me to make any calls.  We're a solid month out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:07:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey Dave - I'm up for anything.  Let me know if you need me to make any calls.  We're a solid month out.
View Quote

So is the 27th the official date then?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:36:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works for me.  Anybody?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll adjust my schedule for the 27th, the 13th,  20th and all of the month of October are out for me because my partner at work will be hunting. I just burned up 10 days worth of vacation by taking long weekends and I owe it to him to not take any time off when he wants it.

If we are going to call the 27th good, I'll start contacting vendors and see what I can line up.

ETA: My understanding is that Firearm Exchange is at least temporarily closed due to a fire and some other issues so we'll have to find a different place to party after Borat kicks us out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I just drove by the Suburban Showplace and saw that the Novi Gun Show is on the 27th.  I'd switch it to October but I don't want to shut TODave out!  I'm sure some people that normally go to the Novi Show won't want to miss but the good thing is we're doing the Nikola's Show from 12-4.

Dave - are the vendors you have in mind gonna do the Novi Show?

Oct 11?
Oct 25?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't know that the Novi show would be a conflict-people that are hardcore show-goers usually get there early anyway.

ETA: None of the sponsors that regularly go to the Novi show would be on the list of companies that I would contact. I'm thinking like AIM Surplus, Geissele, BCM, etc. They have supported Michigan shoots in the past with SWAG, significant coupons, sometimes merchandise, etc. There are some local Michigan businesses that I'd check with too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be there, any date works
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#11]
IN!!

Borat is an awesome host, and the food is fantastic.
If you haven't met The Other Dave yet, He is actually a Transvestite but has some really cool guns.

P.Smith
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Awww sweetie...... you said you'd respect me in the morning!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Sept 27 it is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I just moved back to MI. I might be there, depending on work schedule. Would be nice to make new friends. I have a Robinson XCR that I can bring for show-n-tell
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just moved back to MI. I might be there, depending on work schedule. Would be nice to make new friends. I have a Robinson XCR that I can bring for show-n-tell
View Quote

Newer or older?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Newer or older?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Newer or older?

Finished piecing it together four years ago and then started grad school. Never got a chance to test it out. It has the new trigger and gas system.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Finished piecing it together four years ago and then started grad school. Never got a chance to test it out. It has the new trigger and gas system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Newer or older?

Cool-bring that SOB-I'm debating to send mine back and have the original trigger back due to doubling and tripling, or just using the shipping cost of sending the rifle in to just get the newer trigger and ambi mag release.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Sept 27th is a stupid date to have this.

because I'll be out of town :-(
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sept 27th is a stupid date to have this.

because I'll be out of town :-(
View Quote

SORRY Doug!  Another one in 6 mos. hopefully.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I may have a conflict with work, I'll see what I can do about it and report back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Nope, no conflict.

Would you guys consider going to World 3 gun after and doing some airsoft? I visited their facility after getting a flyer at the Novi gun show and had fun. Basically, they have three types of weapons, a few lanes like a regular gun range to do familiarization with, then there is a portable shoot house they have set up inside the building. Good way to get your weapon manipulation practice in, and everyone outside has a video feed to point and make fun.

Any other ideas? I could try for Kart2Kart again.... or we could go shooting, but the closest range I know of that allows full auto is Top Gun in Taylor. Otherwise I could talk to Firing Line in Westland.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I invited the guys from the nearest range which is Action Impact on Eight Mile.  I'm not sure what their FA policy is but we can ask the guys who might show.  I know that they are pretty busy on the weekends though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Sent invites out to a few dealers.  Should be some REAL nice stuff there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I plan on hitting it up hard when I get back next week with the vendors-I'm heading to San Francisco to shoot against SWAT guys at their big Homeland Security drill again. Gonna be a riot!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Having dealers/vendors at a friendly get together seems counter to the spirit and intent of such an event, but it's your event so you can invite whoever you chose.  Have a good time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:57:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Why? We've had a few before, and most of them are known to us because they are known to the members here- they are shooters too. My plan was to contact companies like AIM, BCM etc. to see if they would support the Hometown Forum Get Together with some Swag, T-Shirts or discount coupons. Nothing huge, If I get enough cool shit to have a raffle, it may coax a few people we don't normally see that don't live in Detroit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Mission Critical Firearms will be at Nikola's for the Gun Show.

Posting this note from Ed:

Ed Pireh, owner of MCF will be at Nikola's with business partner Dan Zaremba to share some information on the training courses and services provided by Mission Critical Firearms.  We are bringing some machine guns for display as well as some suppressors.  There will be some suppressors and ammunition for sale.

Mission Critical Firearms, LLC is an authorized FNH, Colt, HK, Remington and Barrett Law Enforcement and Military distributor.  Contact us for a quote on these firearms including dealer sample machine guns.

Get your NFA trust from us for only $225 and get an additional 10% off your NFA purchase every time you use our trust!

www.missioncriticalfirearms.com
www.facebook.com/MissionCriticalFirearms
Office # (586) 232-5185
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#28]
BUMP

Usually there are a dozen pages of I'm In....
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll see if I can clear the schedule.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm in!

This should be a good one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:00:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:08:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Change of plans, the misses had to remind me that our anniversary is the 27th
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Um, duh. Dress her up and bring her to the show!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

What could more romantic than a gun show in the afternoon followed by an intimate BBQ dinner for two at Nikolas? I'm sure you could even make special arrangements with the owner. We have a connection...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#35]
ATEi has stepped up with TWO gift certificates to be given away in their absence.

"Free refinish with a Serration job", worth between $90 and $110 each depending on whether you go for Melonite or Nickle Boron.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#36]
First login here in years, just to say "I'm in".
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What could more romantic than a gun show in the afternoon followed by an intimate BBQ dinner for two at Nikolas? I'm sure you could even make special arrangements with the owner. We have a connection...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Oh honey, for our anniversary I would like to treat you to Nikolas!".... *arrives*... "oh what a coincidence, fellow gun enthusiasts!"
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Would this be something a noob would be welcome to come to?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Would this be something a noob would be welcome to come to?
View Quote

Most definitely.  You will see some cool stuff and meet some great people.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Depending on the weather I'm going to try to make it. If it's a beautiful day I'll be out fishing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
ATEi has stepped up with TWO gift certificates to be given away in their absence.

"Free refinish with a Serration job", worth between $90 and $110 each depending on whether you go for Melonite or Nickle Boron.....
View Quote

Dave - that's AWESOME.  Tell D "thanks!"  I'm gonna have to send a gift card his way.  I have some carnival tickets we can use for the drawing.  

Soft drinks are on the house and I always bring some Wing Dings out too.  Will throw in some Nikola's tee shirts too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Depending on the weather I'm going to try to make it. If it's a beautiful day I'll be out fishing.
View Quote

Everyone is welcome.  Each time has been great.  Guys have brought their kids too.  Mine will be there.  Can't wait to see the stuff that Ed and Dan are bringing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Everyone is welcome.  Each time has been great.  Guys have brought their kids too.  Mine will be there.  Can't wait to see the stuff that Ed and Dan are bringing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know I can bring kids, I will most likely have my little guy with me if I make it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:08:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"Oh honey, for our anniversary I would like to treat you to Nikolas!".... *arrives*... "oh what a coincidence, fellow gun enthusiasts!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll see what I can do, right now I'm a 'maybe'
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was out of town for our anniversary last Saturday, so I'm considering doing this!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Is there a plan for an organized activity afterwards. I know somebody said the range that usually gets used is closed. I'm just wondering what all to bring with me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is there a plan for an organized activity afterwards. I know somebody said the range that usually gets used is closed. I'm just wondering what all to bring with me.
View Quote

My plan was to get ahold of Firing Line in Westland and see if they will hold a few lanes for us. I'd rather go to Top Gun in Taylor because they are full auto friendly, but the extra driving probably wouldn't go over well for folks that came a long way and have a longer way to drive home.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:27:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My plan was to get ahold of Firing Line in Westland and see if they will hold a few lanes for us. I'd rather go to Top Gun in Taylor because they are full auto friendly, but the extra driving probably wouldn't go over well for folks that came a long way and have a longer way to drive home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know there will be a few of the guys from Action Impact at the show so you can ask them.

Dave - how do you plan on giving away the ATEi vouchers?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok I'll throw some ammo in the truck just in case we decide to go to the range. It doesn't matter much to me one way or the other if we hit the range afterwards, I'm just there to fondle the cool guns and eat some good food.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I know there will be a few of the guys from Action Impact at the show so you can ask them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A drawing works for me.....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top