Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2014 10:06:00 AM EDT
My Trijicon HD sights for my pistol just came in.  Does anybody in the Macomb area have a Glock sight pusher tool that I can borrow for a few days?
I will do the driving.  I have no problem leaving you with collateral for the few days that I will have your tool.
Thanks,
-T
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
How many sights are you planning on doing?
I drifted my OEM plastic sights out with a brass drift
I then lightly tapped the HD's in with a small hammer and wood dowel rod.
It took all of 15 minutes counting the time to clamp the slide in a vise and find the drifts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I drifted my OEM plastic sights out with a brass drift
I then lightly tapped the HD's in with a small hammer and wood dowel rod.
View Quote

Thanks, I've done this in the past for metal sights.  I know the Trijicons are tuff , have to handle recoil and all that, but I would like to try and stick with their install procedure for warranty purposes.  Not sure how they would ever know (effects of the latteral shock on the vials and lens from tapping maybe?), but I would know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:03:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried sending you a PM but your box is full.  I'm local and have one.  Let me know if you still need it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Be careful-try and use something soft to drift them, night sights are known to lose their seal and fail sometimes when you put them in with a BFH and a metal drift.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Be careful-try and use something soft to drift them, night sights are known to lose their seal and fail sometimes when you put them in with a BFH and a metal drift.
View Quote

What is a drift?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What is a drift?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is a drift?

A drift is the tool you use between the hammer and your sight. It's a tool that concentrates force where you want it to move an object.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I tried sending you a PM but your box is full.  I'm local and have one.  Let me know if you still need it.
View Quote

IM sent.  thanks for the heads-up.

-T
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is sound advice.  I've ready many a woeful post by shooters not heading similar caution.

-T
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top