Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2014 10:22:06 PM EDT
I had mine done at CC (http://www.customizedcreationz.com/)

Some I just finished assembling into pistols (while I wait for the stamps). Others I have sent the stamps, but have not assembled the lower into a pistol yet. I say this because I can't post pics of the ones that have been filled (they are black and don't come out right with the potato).

He will engraved the words THREE TIMES DEEPER than  than regulation requires, while utilizing the same principle for font size ***. The reason for this, when you "blacken" the engraving it still shows clearly and it is easy to read-the oxidation process will cover/fill some of the depth in the engraving . Below is a picture BEFORE the Aluminum black was placed on the lower (Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black Metal Finish in the 3oz bottle -make sure to read the directions as to not activate the entire content of the bottle-)

***27 CFR 479.102  basically states that the engraving must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than 1/16 inch for the serial number. All other required information (makers name, city, state) is subject to the same depth requirements, BUT has no minimum font size requirements.

REVISED

and you can add almost anything

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
What was his turn around time? Im thinking of using CC also.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What was his turn around time? Im thinking of using CC also.
View Quote

1st batch around 6 weeks (he had a huge job he was working on and he told me upfront). Second batch was done in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:14:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I also used CC for engraving two of my lowers and they turned out great. Took 2-3 weeks if I remember.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Bump, for the folks that are still looking at engraving a lower/s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top